Banner Ad 1

new  type IX-c 40 in 1:72 to be?

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Postby dpreul » Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:58 pm

Hi Guys, Sorry that I haven't answered back sooner. My plan is to release a kit of U-505 Type IXC. I may construct a conversion kit to build a Type IXC/40 like the photos show of U-853, of course this will be determined by the amount of demand. So far I have only seen a couple of responses for a Type IX kit. Currently I have the hull and the conning tower in resin castings. I am working on the drawings for a laser-cut deck. Because of the size of the flooding ports on the side of the hull I will be making castings of the top of the pressure hull. Depending on which sub you are building I may offer different armament arrangements, ie (2 twin 20s and a single 3.7) or (2 twin 20s and a twin 3.7) or even possibly (2 twin 20s and a flakfierling). I am also considering doing an earlier Type IXC or a Type IXB version with a 10.5 and a 3.7 and the smaller conning tower. I hope to have the kit available by this coming summer. A lot will bepend on my building schedule. I am currently commissioned to build U-505 for a client. I hope to post photos of this build and the developement of the kit here in the near future. This will act as a prototype version of the instructions to be included in the kit. The price of the kit will be determined later, once I have calculated the amount of time and materials involved in producing a kit. My earlier mention of $400.-$500 is probably not far off from what it will be. I admit a little pricey but you a looking at 42.5 inches of submarine. It takes me 3 hrs. just to cast one hull because it requires multiple pours and is hollow. I will try to keep you updated as things progress on this project. If you have any questions feel free to ask me here on this site or give me a call at 410-626-8850
Thanks for all your interest,
Don...........J&D Productions
dpreul

Postby HorribleHarry » Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:00 pm

I want to see a TypeIX in 1/72. as a matter of fact, a TypeXXI also!
let's start doing the contacting Revell, Trumpeter thing.
HorribleHarry

Location: Encino, California, USA, Earth, sol. system, Milky Way galaxy

Previous

Return to Static Modeler