Banner Ad 1

new  type IX-c 40 in 1:72 to be?

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Postby U-Kater » Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:50 am

Did wonder wether somebody had seen these pictures;

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery....ex.html

I think that anyone building the type VII from Revell and having an interest in there new model of the VII-c41 would give his lefthand for this model in 1:72.
Let's all drop a line to Don Preul and ask him to produce the model. I for one have done this already.
Now would'nt that be a happy new year?

Kind regards,
Wiljan Bakers
SC-member: 2104.Momentarely trying to construct U-123 and U-805 with "Schnelltauchback", BASED UPON the SCALESHIPYARD hull of U-505
U-Kater

Postby sam reichart » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:27 am

I already emailed Don about this kit- it would probably cost between 400 and 500 dollars, and may be made available spring or summer of 2006. It's a beautiful model, and a type IX with that narrowed deck is not something you see everyday.
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby raalst » Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:43 pm

i found this link :

it's not clear, but i think the builder refers to a
pre-production kit right from Revell

the big conning tower
Regards,

Ronald van Aalst

--------------------------------------------
Just here to Learn
raalst
SubCommittee Member

Postby U-Kater » Sun Dec 25, 2005 8:33 pm

Ronald,

Your site refers to a type VII-c 41, the new kit from Revell.
The site(pics) I refer to is a type IX-c 40 scratchbuild by Don Preul
who's willing to give it a thought to produce this type IX if there's enough interest for it.

Kind regards,
Wiljan
SC-member: 2104.Momentarely trying to construct U-123 and U-805 with "Schnelltauchback", BASED UPON the SCALESHIPYARD hull of U-505
U-Kater

Postby U-Kater » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:52 pm

Strange that there seem to be little people interested in a type IX model in 1:72 if one sees the reactions for the type VII in 1:72 from Revell :(
I thougt this would interest a lot of U-Boat modellers and even that it's not mentionned on the site of ANUF makes me wonder were the interests really lay ???

Kind regards,
U-Kater
U-Kater

Postby Jess » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:41 am

I'm interested in a 1:72 Type IX kit, not a wooden model. It's a very nice model. I saved the pics in my library.

Take Care,

Jess
Jess

Postby tabledancer » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:07 am

According to the pictures that were posted I thought that it was a kit ??? ,maybe I was wrong!I did send an inquire to Don about it,but no response yet.I am definetly interested in the boat.I hope that it is a kit :D
TD
Don`t forget,its going to be dark tonite.
tabledancer

Postby tabledancer » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:35 am

Wiljan,
Hope you had a good Christmas,I got a copy of SHIII among other things.I am very interested in Don`s boat.Do you have any info on the Type XXI. ???
Take Care now,
TD :cool:
Don`t forget,its going to be dark tonite.
tabledancer

Postby U-Kater » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:14 am

Well, the posted remark was just to stirr things up. As far as my knowledge goes it concerns not a wooden model. He started out with a block of wood but moulds were made from that and than the hull, so he could produce hulls and CT's.

Christmas was good for me, but times are changing, now and than it looked like a warzone outthere. I'm getting to old for this sh.....

What kind of info about the XXI you want Mike? I could copy a certain book about the type?

kind regards,
Wiljan
U-Kater

Postby sam reichart » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:48 am

U-Kater wrote:Strange that there seem to be little people interested in a type IX model in 1:72 if one sees the reactions for the type VII in 1:72 from Revell :(
I thougt this would interest a lot of U-Boat modellers and even that it's not mentionned on the site of ANUF makes me wonder were the interests really lay ???

Kind regards,
U-Kater

I think the cost may be prohibitive to many. According to Don, it would include guns, fittings, etc. but $400 (or thereabouts) for a static model is expensive. It would be cast; he created the original master from basswood.
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby Scott T » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:39 pm

What was the purpose of the narrow deck? ???
Scott T
SubCommittee Member

Postby sam reichart » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:31 pm

Scott T wrote:What was the purpose of the narrow deck? ???

less deck, therefore less space under the deck = quicker dives.

Edited By sam reichart on 1135913259
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby Tom Dougherty » Thu Dec 29, 2005 6:23 pm

FYI- guys. Don Preul has been trying to reply to this BB, but the SC web software won't allow him to log in. I'm passing the request onto the webmaster so Don can reply to you guys directly as to availability of a kit from his Type IX-C. BTW, I got to see the model in person in the parking lot of the Submarine Museum & Library in Groton. Don stopped on the way up tp Newport, RI, where he delivered the original. Just a stunning model with exquisite detailing!!
Tom Dougherty
Researcher for Project Azorian
Project Azorian Documentary: http://www.projectjennifer.at/
Project Azorian Book: http://www.usni.org/store/catalog-fall-2012/project-azorian
Tom Dougherty
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:04 pm

Don should be 'here' soon.....I fixed his account problem. (He hadn't confirmed his registration) :)

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby U-Kater » Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:03 am

Thanks for the intell, Jeff

I surly would buy one if it came along. Save a $100,- a month and than buy one. (Howmuch was that Amati thing anyway?)
What the heck, you only live once and I want to remember in 20 years the things I've done and do'nt want to remeber the things I could have done( but I speak for myself ofcourse)
Its still not on Don's site but when it gets there I"ll be one of the first to buy it.

Kind regards and the best wishes for the new year,

U-Kater
U-Kater

Next

Return to Static Modeler