Banner Ad 1

New Seawolf injected model - Bronco 1/350

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Postby Gerwalk » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:25 am

This is a new injected plastic model of the SSN-21 and 22. It's going to be released soon (if it is not already released)
It looks quite well and the price is not bad at all (2520 a 2400 Yen, about 22$)
Decals seems to be produced by an italian company (which is a common thing for japanese kits these days)

Seawolf 1/350Image

Does anybody has info or opinions about this kit?
Pablo
Gerwalk

Postby Seawolf » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:54 am

wow, great kit. maybe it is the long awaited 1/350 Seawolf from Dragon?
Fiat - Jakarta (Indonesia)
sshhh.... rig ship for ultra silent..........
Seawolf

Postby Adam Leet » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:30 am

I doubt it, but even if it was, I'm still disappointed. It looks like nothing more than a resized Trumpeter kit, right down to the bad bow, sail, and propulsor, among other flaws.
Adam Leet

Postby Tom Dougherty » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:52 am

From the photo, the bow looks too blunt, it should be a nicely rounded cap. Take a look at the Carter photo:
http://www.navsource.org/archives/08/08002301.jpg

Also, am I seeing VLS hatches forward of the sail on the model? Not on the Seawolf...
Tom Dougherty
Researcher for Project Azorian
Project Azorian Documentary: http://www.projectjennifer.at/
Project Azorian Book: http://www.usni.org/store/catalog-fall-2012/project-azorian
Tom Dougherty
SubCommittee Member

Postby Dolphin » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:54 pm

The bow shape appears correct, but the hull break between the GRP dome and the hull is not correct. The demarcation should be farther aft. It is hard to tell if it has VLS hatches or not from the above image conclusively. If it does, this model kit company looses all creditability. If so, they should perhaps stick to toy doll houses or something like that. The stern adhedral fin angle is wrong, it is not 135 degrees from the vertical, but 105 degrees from the vertical. The Thor kit is perfect. A gray upper hull? Yawn! It was probably painted that color for product photography reasons, showing the top detail (such as it is) better. When will these model airplane kit makers selling submarines ever get it right? The information to produce an accurate kit is far from secret, minus the PJ. No excuses.

The kit seems basically correct or stated better, rather nothing that cannot be fixed & corrected after the research. A very basic rudimentary kit for it's high $22.00 price.

Steve Reichmuth

Edited By Dolphin on 1128132869
Dolphin

Postby sam reichart » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:00 pm

meh...the real Seawolf always reminds me of a loaded gun, ready to go off. just something downright sinister about that boat.

these models, with their weird finish colors and crappy shape just don't cut it.

pardon me while I go fondle my Thor 'wolf...

:;):
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Return to Static Modeler