Banner Ad 1

WW1 Uboat model needed - large static model commission

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Postby Bob the Builder » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:44 pm

Just received this via the website. Anyone interested in tackling this job should contact Jonathan directly at the email or phone number listed below:

The following information was recevied on March 14, 2005:

Name: jonathan casey
Email: jcasey@lmakc.org
Phone: 816-784-1932

Comments:
I am looking for someone who might be interested in building or knows of one existing of a World War One U-Boat model, ca. 1916, to be used for a museum exhibit about the War at Sea in WWI. The model would need to be historically accurate, finely detailed and somewhere between several feet long to as long as six feet and perhaps two feet wide. These dimensions are just estimates at this point. Since the plan for this is not fully developed yet, this process could entail one or more models of varying sizes.

Would your organization know of a builder or someone who has such models that could be used for an exhibit?

Thank you.

--Jonathan Casey

Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bob the Builder » Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:26 pm

Bumping this back up to the top of the list again. I just spoke with the company doing up the exhibit for the museum in Kansas, and they're hoping to get a model either put together or commissioned as soon as possible.

The museum is scheduled to open in November of '06. A German design of WW1 is preferred.

Any interested parties can contact the party listed above at their earliest convenience.

Does anyone know of an off-the-shelf supplier of accurate WW1 submarine model kits?
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby U812 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:56 am

Bob,

I wrote to them awhile back and they told me they'd get back to me. As far as I know there isn't a kit of this boat. I told them it would have to be scratch built.

I'm hoping. I'd love to do the job. And thanks for posting as always.

Steve
U812

Postby boatbuilder1 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:19 am

hey bob the builder
charlie

Time is a fleeting idea of man's invention.
its all relative
boatbuilder1

Postby boatbuilder1 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:26 am

hey bob the builder
thanks for posting the want ad I put a bid in for the job and suggested that a U53 class be used in two differant scales
for those intereasted in a carreer in this field go here it is well worth the look and membership dues
https://www.modelmakers.org/default.lasso
charlie

its all relative
boatbuilder1

Postby U812 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:13 am

Gee's. I didn't even get a call back. 30 years of visual effects work in Hollywood never seems to work anymore for me.

I've built more models than most of you have been alive in years! LOL!

Oh well. Good luck Boat builder. Go get em.

Now I get to go back to work for the History Channel doing more of those silly UFO shows. It wouldn't be so bad if they had me build real models but it's all CGI these days. Building models in the computer just isn't the same. And UFO's? BORRING!

Steve

Edited By U812 on 1112175305
U812

Postby boatbuilder1 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:41 am

thanks Steve

give a shout email please I would like to talk off the boards

charlie
charlie

its all relative
boatbuilder1

Postby Gerwalk » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:16 pm

U812 wrote:Now I get to go back to work for the History Channel doing more of those silly UFO shows. It wouldn't be so bad if they had me build real models but it's all CGI these days. Building models in the computer just isn't the same. And UFO's? BORRING!

Steve

That explains the Testors UFO model box in one of your pics of your Seawolf!

BTW: I hate those CGI models. The Sci Fi channel has a lot of low budget "original movies" with lot of CGI helicopters, fighter planes and so that look horrible (at least in the same line of the scripts!) Battlestar Galactica is another story: excelent CGI and 1/1 models!!
Pablo
Gerwalk

Return to Static Modeler