Banner Ad 1

Revell of Germany return letter to me - IX-C and XXI Uboats

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Postby "horridoh" » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:30 pm

I'm not sure where that other guy crawled from but he is so far out of line it's horrible. I'm not sure where that other guy came from? That is the "evaluation here?" Ha pal, Should I show you personally where I came from! I don't think you -Get - the idea here.This is the truth I speak of in terms of FACTS! NOT-FICTION. And I'll tell you where I came frem-This COUNTRY! And maybe you ought to re-read things of what I was saying, or our you "just like someone else I know, That doesn't know a darn thing about submarines. Before I go further, liet me be clear. He has never -"ever" built an submarine model, be it R/C-or be it static display,are you following me still???? Cause I've know this person for (three) years,and when I first meet this guy in the subcommittee,he asked me the most {angering} frustrating, questions about what type of R/C sub that I had built? Then when I gave this person -all-as-we-do in this -hobby, "our knowledge....experiance,know-how of what I have done At that point it was two boat's that where succesful running submarines , and proven to my self the difficult conditions of that alone,and to have them always on the up and up,-even in the lose of one on occasion.......this "_ _ _ hole would tell me that I diden't -even do that! / Make those things, that By GOd in Heaven..........I sure did! This individual,when asked----by ne what type of submarines did he build/opperate? He answerd in one of those manners, you know the run-around of "well I plan on Building this thing,and then when I'm done I'll build this And I'll have this ,,,bla, bla, bla......."Nothing!" He built nothing! Are you still following me? When,nor-why I even kept contact with this person,he was such the person,...that just would get under your-skin so muchhhhhh that I wanted to / and had actually "parden my words,but knock his block off! He knows nothing about submarines! Yet he will sit ther eall day long,and "argue" that he does!!!!!!! No-Really I mean nothing. As A matter of {fact} I built this individual'(7) very-nice if I may say,as I'm a serios builder,friend,and this was in-exchange for {computer} equipment. Do you know that just (3) days ago,I had showed this person-----ny pictures of my-Favorite Albacore Model,not only-=running on the surface,.........but also under water! Then back up-again! Do you know what this "_ _ _ hole told me over the phone? Do you want to guess? He said my Albacore was a failure! Do you know what I would have done too this person.........that was supposed to be my friend! If he would had said that to my face? I made-all the modes for him in 2 years time. Would you like to view my work? You the one that stated that comment on where I came from..........I build exceptionally well! In fact Mr LaRue, has some of my work in his possession-that I gave him in August for an article in ? "Hopefully some future issue,yet to do the write up, "strange find so much time with people like you,Well to make a long story "longer" short. He would say that the type 7 was the greatest submarine off all time!!!! It has twin screws..It can go faster than an L.A. etc, etc........Do you know how "stupid" that is for a 'Mainframe opperator' too say? I just had completed,ironic, an L. A. Boat at that time 2002 and to here this "idiot" speak like this, made me sick!!!!! He not even-ever even had built a {scale}.........static display model in his LIFE! Do you want to see what I'm capable of building and opperating? I don't ever-want to here you make any personal attacks on my charecter-again! Do I make myself clear? And never-ever tell me about OUR submarines! type Ix was a stinking-#### hole!The American boats where-not! This will be the end of this conversation.
Darren Groshek
"horridoh"

Postby Turbobearcat » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:02 pm

Excuse me, me attacking your personility?
I think you have a problem with Mr LaRue and the fact your an idiot who can't read what the whole thread is about, nobody here Attacked you, You spout off about you being pissed off at Mr LaRue and ramble and ramble on, nobody cares dude, this thread is about a letter to Revell of Germany and you make it a circus act about how much better a Gato was to a IX class boat, WHO CARES!
Facts were the XXI was the best of WWII.

The whole point of this thread was what was Revell's plan to build the next model kit and their reply I posted..to be followed by what would be nice to see.

But we have YOU that comes in here and acting very offended
by the fact what we like to see built by Revell.

You want attacks.. you attacked yourself on this one , and I will state again

this thread is for the Letter from Revell about what they are going to build not some dang Who was better in WWII, I have stats I pulled and can pull much much more.

But why should I bother, your an idiot who's going to reply anyways..

:-)

now the conversation is over.
"Prepare for ramming speed!"
Turbobearcat

Postby JWLaRue » Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:24 pm

You're right, Turbobearcat....I shouldn't have let myself get sucked into the ramblings of 'horridoh'. Having dealt with him before, I should know better!

The question of which sub was better does not belong in this thread......

Let's get this thread back on track.

I too would like to know what Revell-Germany might be looking to do for a follow-up to their excellent Type VII kit.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Turbobearcat » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:54 pm

:D From what I gather if they have enough people email them about a certain type of sub or ship, they will research it's marketabilty and then go from there. so see another great model of ship or Sub from Revell is very welcome with me.
I build both Ships and Subs to convert over to RC, some from Subron 6 have seen some of my ships, some small and others alittle over 4 feet but my old love was in Submarines from the time I was about 4 years old.

I still would love to see a 1/350 scale of the Sharnhorst :-)

my Wife looks at the Titanic from time to time when we go to a hobby shop so I might sneak into a shop and order a 1/350 scale for her and then build it as RC, but I have to be SNEAKY when I do it. :-) I guess the jig would be up once I have it on the table with a card to her ;-)

Mark
Turbobearcat

Postby Turbobearcat » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:50 pm

The only Idiot I see is you sir

Have a nice day

BTW Actual Uboat losses to combat were at 400+ , the rest were lost to mines, scuttling or destroyed by their own weapons..

Now for your Threats against me or anybody else on this board, in my State I can file charges against you for those "If I find you" statement, which are very much a Threat made, I'm sure the FBI and the State of Ohio would love to bring in into a court.
My advice to you is either get a grip on your mouth or maybe the law can do it for you.

Hvae anice day in the hole you crawled from and act your age unlesss you 12.
Turbobearcat

Postby sam reichart » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:15 pm

geez Horridoh, nice language...

These forums are read by young kids as well as adults...and apparently the filters aren't catching all of the foul language. How about watching what you post?

How about staying on the subject of the post as well, and staying away from personal attacks?

I'm just curious, with all your talk about American technology, why is your login name here a war cry found on the front of a German U-Boat?
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:34 pm

I agree Sam. I suggest ignoring abusive posters and eventually they will go away when nobody will take the bait.

And, if they go way over the top with language or personal threats, the webmaster has the option of locking them permanently from the forum as has been done in the past.
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Turbobearcat » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:36 pm

Tim

From what I am told, we won't be hearing from him again.

So back to what the forum is about :-)

Mark
Turbobearcat

Postby toypilot » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:33 am

I would love to see them come out with a large XXI kit. Also I would like to see more dive modules for the smaller boats become available.

I noticed that there is a company that produces the dive module for the Revell VII but I lost the link for their website.

Sorry if this post has RC wishes in it, but some of the larger static kits lend themselves to conversion for R/C.

David Werkema
toypilot

Postby gantu » Fri Dec 03, 2004 6:38 am

Hi David Werkema this is the link .

Gantu
gantu

Postby Turbobearcat » Fri Dec 03, 2004 10:34 am

NOt off topic at all!

I buy model ships or Subs just for that reason!
it's rare that I buy one and not do something with it.

Mark

P.S. a 1/72 scale XXI would be nearly 42 inches long!!!!
Turbobearcat

Postby ninjrk » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:17 pm

I just kind of assumed that, if they do another sub kit, the Type XXI is the obvious choice for a German company to do. It's German, for one thing, and has more recognition as a "wonder sub" to the non-experts than doing a Type IXc. While I'd love a Gato, the Type XXI also has the advantage of only being 251' in length versus 311' for the Gato. Smaller sub, smaller model and less plastic and smaller box, etc.

I'll buy pretty much whatever sub that they do, but I'm betting on the Type XXI.

Matt
ninjrk

Postby Turbobearcat » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:45 pm

I agree with you fully Matt, they are going to build what ever they think will sell the most plus the fact what is cheaper as well. :)

Mark
Turbobearcat

Postby Mkeatingss » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:46 pm

I'd love to do a Type XXI in 1:72. They were beautiful Boats.
(Wanders off, muttering, "I still want a Guppied Gato")
Mike
I don't suffer from ulcers, I'm a carrier.
Mkeatingss

Postby Turbobearcat » Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:40 pm

Well you know if they build it, somebody would make a another kit to make the Guppy mods. :-)

Mark

I talked to Internet Hobbies today, The Seawolf kit is coming!
Turbobearcat

PreviousNext

Return to Static Modeler