Banner Ad 1

Working on Revell Brass - I finally got off the couch...

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Postby Downscope » Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:11 pm

Received today. WOW!!! Absolutely georgous. Even the duck. Thanks.
Kevin
Any storm in a port.
Downscope

Postby oforberg » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:29 am

Please give me the price and where to pay pal....omar
oforberg

Postby safrole » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:09 pm

A little tip for you guys specifically. One of the larger distributors is interested, but it will require a higher retail to be feasible. I will have to raise prices in about a week, after the next batch comes in and I get a final (best) price from the shop I have making these for me. I will not be able to sell under the new retail price unless it is in quantity. In the mean time, you can get them for $40+ shipping.

www.modelbrass.com

Thanks, --Jason

(The next batch is due in on 6/29)
safrole

Postby Torsten » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:27 pm

Jason,
i'm in for one set......looks simply awesome !
I waited for these parts to start work on my Brüggen conversion.

But first i'll have to figure out how to "paypal" ....
Would you accept registered mail too ? :D

Greets from Germany,

Torsten
Torsten

Postby safrole » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:37 pm

Yes I still owe Bruggen a sample, too. If you write or speak to him, tell him he is not forgotten.

You can send an international money order made out to my other business:

Custom Vehicle Graphics
23300 Broadwood Dr
Elkhart, IN 46514
USA
$50 one set
$80 two sets
(Prices include shipping.)
safrole

Postby Torsten » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:38 pm

Jason,
i just registered at PayPal.
If i got that right,only thing i need now is your e-mail address....would that be " sales@modelbrass.com" ?

Never did this before so i apologise for stupid questions :)

Torsten
Torsten

Postby bobmech1 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:24 pm

HI how are things progressing Do you have a set for me yet?
All I need is how much and your paypal account details
Yours
Bob Nicholls
bobmech1@btinternet.com :laugh:
bobmech1

Postby safrole » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:59 pm

You can use the Paypal shopping cart buttons on the website. They will make everything quite automatic, including the addition of shipping.

The batch arriving tomorrow is sold out (plus a few), but I will place another order right away. The first must be completed before I can order the second, since the first order will give an exact labor figure and an exact "best price" for all future orders. The retail will soon go up to make enough money for the distributors (and less for me) but I will give a few days warning before that happens.

Orders placed right now should be fulfilled by July 5 or 6.

Thanks, --Jay
safrole

Postby safrole » Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:51 pm

Had some trouble. The PE shop took my film positives and assembled them inside out, making 58 sheets of brass as mirror images of what they were supposed to be. They are quite beautiful, only everything on the starboard is now on the port and vice versa. Here are some pics.

They are running a whole new batch for free, which gives me a sick feeling in my stomach. I feel especially bad because they cut their price tremendously so that I won't have to raise the retail at all to push it through the normal distribution channels. I should get the new batch on Wed, and I increased the size so I should have a few extras on hand.
safrole

Postby sam reichart » Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:22 am

next time ask them to run a limited set (3 to 5, depending on your order size, I suppose) and let you check them first.

In the fine art world, those are the "artist's proofs".

Hopefully, one of those will be headed my way?
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby safrole » Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:41 am

That is a good idea. They had already sprayed an 18 piece batch that I had exposed and developed, so they knew what it looked like. I also (not to rub it in) gave them a 100% model of the tooling which I made on the laser printer and then duct taped together. The guy in the photolab just made the jacket inside out. What is strange is that the whole batch got through the other 3 stages with no one raising a flag. I want to be as easy an account as possible for them, and losing all that labor and material was very unfortunate.

Sam, yes you are on the list. I saw your name on there a while ago.

And the beefed up "sad ducks" of U-94 are all looking really good, now.
safrole

Postby safrole » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:01 pm

Got em today. They're gorgeous. I have the mother of all batches to pack and ship now, but hope to have them all in the mail Monday. Wed would be the very latest. Thanks for the collective patience.
safrole

Postby Dean571 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:47 am

Jason,

Just a quick note, to say a BIG thank-you for the 1/72 VIIc Brass set that popped through my letterbox yesterday.

It's a superb etch and arrived safely, damage free, sandwiched between two thick pieces of cardboard.

My only thought was have you ever issued any sort of 'fitting instructions' with this set? as there are a few smaller
parts that don't immediately strike a chord as to fitting location.

Some help in this regard would be useful.

Best Wishes & Thanks Again,

Pete Dean
Lancashire, UK
Dean571

Postby safrole » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:45 am

Yes that's actually top of the list right now. I got all folks who paid online (except this last week) shipped and now I have to ship all the mailed-in payments, then I'll break and post a diagram on the website. Check the site later this week; as soon as I have it I will post it.

Even before that, I will tell you that there are little "frames" to go around the faux slots on the bow and aft. One is circular in the middle and square on the outside. The other is square on the oustide and its inside is square but has two corners clipped. There are also a couple little blocks to dress up the depressions immediately aft of the bow's deck section and to stack up onto the center of the bow's deck section as well. Then there are the circle and squares with crosses. They go on the sides of the conning tower and have a little block in between. The little nondescript bars under the conning tower floor are to be cut and placed around the capstan. Immediately underneath the periscope fluting triangles are a pair of pieces. One of them can be the base and the other gets bent into the rounded shape of the aft mooring line eyelet. That little set is the best representation possible through photoetch, but would probably be better served through other means. Same story on the conning tower intake screens; it would be better to get some fine brass screen from a tobacco shop, but I included them anyway.

Let me know if you have a question on something specific. You're surely not the only one.

--Jason
safrole

Postby sam reichart » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:51 am

Jason-
possible suggestion...
I'm building this as a static model...so I plan on soldering the 3 deck pieces together. If you created a lip on the rear of the first deck, and a half etched on the underside of the second deck front, there would be an overlap that would make this solder joint stronger. then lip end of the second deck, half etch last deck front for same bond...

not sure if it's doable in this thickness, but figured I'd pass it on.
Sam
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

PreviousNext

Return to Static Modeler