Banner Ad 1

Working on Revell Brass - I finally got off the couch...

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Postby Dean571 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:18 pm

Jason,

The Brass Looks superb. Kudos to you and your efforts in producing a high quality
set which I think others will struggle to match.

Please can you put me down for a set, and email me at Pete.dean1@btinternet.com
with the purchase information as soon as you get a few off the production line.

Regards

Pete Dean
Lancashire UK.
Dean571

Postby bobmech1 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:25 am

Please advise on cost and availability. Absolutly cracking set
bobmech1

Postby safrole » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:00 pm

There's limited good news. Get a cup of coffee because there's a little story involved...

When I had the films printed, I inadvertently used the "Revell-style" conning tower deck file which has the incorrect UZO placement. (grrr!) I looked that art over a HUNDRED TIMES, but always looking for tiny details. Only when I'm standind in the lobby of my brass guy's shop do I finally notice this.

So, after kicking myself the whole way back to the shop, I decided to cut my losses on this batch, to whichever of you fine people are willing.

I have 15 kits that are quite nice, except that they repeat Revell's conning tower UZO placement mistake. I have 8 people to whom I owe freebies, but of course I won't ask them to take an imperfect kit. This means I have 7-15 kits in hand for half price, US$20, and will throw in free shipping in the US/CAN, actual charges to other countries. Buying one will also get you $10 off on the correct one which will be done within two weeks. So if you don't care about the UZO placement, then you can get this set early, and for half price. (What a bargain!)

I was teetering on just delaying the whole project (again), but I thought there are probably some people out there who would still want them. If you're a purist, just sit tight and I'll circle back around to you as soon as I can, in two weeks.

I will post pics of the kits this evening. Also the "sad duck" of U-94 did not come out, because the detail was too fine, sorry.
safrole

Postby Dean571 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:09 am

Hi there,

Thankfully I'm not too much of a perfectionist as I rely on the appearance of the "whole" rather
than nit-pick over every last detail.

So please put me down for one of these slight second kits. If you drop me an email I would be
more than happy to buy one from you including postage to the UK.

Pete.dean1@btinternet.com

Regards

Pete Dean
Lancashire UK.
Dean571

Postby safrole » Sat Jun 05, 2004 8:52 pm

Dean I can hook you up, but otherwise I have sold all that I can right now. The couple of you who have sent emails are in, too, but that's it. Geez, I didn't even have time to post pics, which I still intend to do. But right now it's wife/movie time, since I spent all day playing in Carmel. I'll probably snap some pics tomorrow, Sunday.
safrole

Postby Havoc » Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:31 pm

Hey ya, Safrole,

If you still have any of the $20.00 "irregular" 1/72 RG VIIC sets, I will take one as well...

If you would, please e-mail me at your convenience at havoc2448@aol.com with payment method(s) and any other info I might need to make this happen. Shipping would be to Los Angeles.

Thanks a bunch!

Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
"I love the smell of Resin in the morning!!"
Havoc

Postby safrole » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:06 am

Well, it will be a couple days until I can get yes or no answers out of my research benefactors. Probably they will want them.

Here are some pics.

I found a kit where the "sad duck" survived, but this will be deleted for the future runs, sorry. If it were .005" brass, it would probably be okay, but the inconsistency at .010" means it has to go.
safrole

Postby bobmech1 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:52 am

:cool:
Hi its Bob Nichollls again, please notify of price to UK when available and how do you accept payment ?
Its bobmech1@ntlworld.com/bobmech1@btinternet.com
many thanks.
The latest picks look\great
Bob
bobmech1

Postby safrole » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:00 pm

Something is very wrong with me...

The UZO placement is correct in this kit, as it is. I looked at the off-center HATCH HOLE and thought I had forgotten to center the UZO HOLE! Sometimes the mistakes I make really amaze me. (But not my wife of course; she's never surprised.)

Anyway, God bless you guys who got those "seconds" at half price; just say good things about me and we'll call it even.

Today I shipped the USA peoples' kits. I'm going to rework the packaging for the export people to save about $15 each on Global Priority Mail, so give me a few days on that.

Also the PE shop that sprayed the panels for me had put the kits on top that had the "sad duck" burn out. As I dug down through the stack, I would say 3 out of 4 came out very well. I'm going to go ahead and beef it a little bit and leave it in. I'm sure that will make 1% of you very happy.
safrole

Postby wellington » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:20 pm

Hi Safrole
Put me down for a set when they come in. Since I did not get in for half price set I will a full price set. It would be sent to Toronto Canada. Let me know pricing info and such.
Cheers
Dave Goddard
david.goddard@sympatico.ca
wellington

Postby rdbrn » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:41 am

Hi Safrole,
I'm also interested in one of the new set when they are available.

Thank you!

Oz
rdbrn

Postby KOEZE » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:37 am

Can you give me the name of your German representative. Then I can order my set too.

Best regards and thanks for the excellent job you did on this.

EJK
You don't stop playing because you get older,
you get older because you stop playing.
KOEZE

Postby safrole » Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:09 pm

I don't have a German dealer yet, but in the mean time, my lovely wife has kindly agreed (ahem!) to pack and ship worldwide, so I put some shopping cart buttons up on the site. So if you can get a paypal account, you can get a kit.

Dean I told you twenty, so I'll make good on that. You're the last public sale out of this batch, everyone else will have to wait until the 29th. It may be sooner, but I'd rather any surprise be an early one, rather than late.
safrole

Postby Dean571 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:30 pm

Thanks Jason,

I knew you'd not forgotten me!

Congrats on the pics btw, the brass looks the Business.

I'm SERIOUSLY looking forward to getting my greasy mits on this set & starting the VIIC build (wife permitting)
so once again, hats off to you for a cracking job done here!

Anyway mate you have my e-mail address at the foot of this message so just send me a note when you get
sorted & I'll whizz you off a cheque.

Best Regards,

Pete Dean
Lancashire, U.K

Pete.dean1@btinternet.com
Dean571

Postby Dean571 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:54 am

Jason,

For info, I have a paypal account so if you would prefer payment via paypal thats fine, please let me know.

Regards,

Pete Dean
Lancashire, U.K

pete.dean1@btinternet.com
Dean571

PreviousNext

Return to Static Modeler