Banner Ad 1

USS Blueback - Blueback Model

Static Submarine modelers unite!

Postby 109-1054867062 » Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:13 pm

I work aboard the USS Blueback, SS-581, in Portland, Oregon as a tour guide. I am interested in building a model of the Blueback, possible for the musuem, and for myself. I have yet to be able to find a model of the Barbel class Submarine. I have heard that the Skipjack class is basically a Barbel with a lengthened section for the Nuclear Reactor. Does anyone know if it would be probable to use a model of the Skipjack and just modify it for the Barbel? Or would that entail major reconstruction? I have seen the large RC models of the Blueback, but that is out of my range for what I'm looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've seen the great model at Small World Models, its a really high quality RC Sub, but its the only one I've found. I'm not looking for one that size. I'm looking for a desktop model. Somewhere in the 12"-18" range.

Edited By michaelssmith on 1055525811
109-1054867062

Postby Dave » Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:25 pm

Hi Michaelssmith

The link below is for a starter r/c kit of the SS-581 USS Blueback. It's made by David Manley and highly recommended for a beginner r/c submarine.

http://www.geocities.com/smallworldmodels/
David
Dave

Return to Static Modeler