While waiting for some custom electronics for my UNI 2.5 cylinder to be ready I decided to tackle another micro cylinder.
My chief test pilot PITA Greg had asked me if I could build him a small cylinder for a new project he had started.
I told him I needed a change and a good challenge sounded like a plan.
I had toyed with a micro cylinder years ago but went too small with the design and it was very hard to build.
He told me it had to be less than 1.8" so I settled on trying for 1.5".
Not getting too deep into the story I came up with what I call the MD1 for Micro Dynamic 1.
It is a three channel cylinder with rudder planes and motor.
Although a separate ballast cylinder could be added as in my case a 5 CH RX is installed.
It will be mainly used for converting small plastic sub kits to RC.
That is the plan anyway.
I have the cylinder working great on the bench and now I will do an install for testing.
I may use this small Typhoon kit I forgot I had.
A simple gearbox will allow me to run both props.
I will also finish one up for Mr Pita to Beta test for me.
If he can't break it I will be home free.
If it goes into production it will be supplied ARTR needing only RX and ESC.
More info to come.
Here are a few photos of the prototype under construction. BD.