Banner Ad 1

Message for Adz131 (adam)

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby JefftyToo » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:31 am

To: Adz131

Adam, old bean,

The Personal Message portion of the forum wouldn't function for me to get back to you for some reason, so I'm responding here and hope you'll see this.

I'm flattered you consider me a potential info. source for plans -- you definitely honor me beyond my accomplishments. I've heard plans ARE available from perhaps a couple of different places, but those I've seen samples of or had reports of from others have not been too impressive. Still, put the specific question up on the TV/Movie Subs section of the SC Forum (here) and I bet you'll get just the specific availability info. you're looking for. And eventually quality plans too, I'd guess.

MY advice, however, is to skip all that because two wonderful Seaview hull kits are already available. One from Dennis DeBoer (beautiful, clean but slightly inaccurate by being too long) and another, available in two different sizes I believe, from Rick Teskey in Canada. His 1/96 scale (4+ feet) hull is the one I bought some years ago, and am working on slowly when time permits. Rick's work is dead-on accurate -- but a little rough in finish, requiring putty work, etc. -- and an upgraded conning tower and observation room set (if desired) from Dave Merriman at D&E Miniatures. Write me directly at jefftytoo@comcast.net if you want more specific info. Till then, as Capt. Crane would say, "Dive! All Dive!" (?)

Best, Jeff

P.S. Site administrator: feel free to delete this post and topic once we know Adam has viewed it.
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:32 pm

Jeff & Adam,

That's odd......both of you should be able to use the PM feature. Can you contact me so that we can figure out the problem?

-tnx,

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Adz131 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:14 pm

Thanks for the information.

Jeff managed to send me a pm so hopefully everything should be sorted out with that now.

I've sent you an email.

Thanks and best regards adam
Adz131

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:12 pm

Yup...should be fine. Seems there was a bit of "operator error" involved duriung the initial attempt to send a PM. :)

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Return to Television and Movie Submarines