Banner Ad 1

A little creative stimulation?

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby Boss subfixer » Wed May 25, 2005 6:23 pm

Andy you have some nice toys. I pretty much have the same pictures of the seaquest. Do you know how to get in touch with the gentleman modeller and do you think he would part with a copy or so of the plans (assuming he drew up a set) for a fee?
Don Evans
SCM# 2733

Put your heart into it, well done is better than well said... Ben Franklin
Boss subfixer

Postby Sub culture » Fri May 27, 2005 9:24 am

Andy Cox is a friend of a friend. However, I do remember being told that the large model was based on the Monogram kit, and so inherited any inaccuracies of that version.

Amblin wouldn't supply any drawings (mean-spirited lot), so Andy took the small plastic kit, used it to make a version twice the size. This was then sectioned at various intervals and the cross-sections used to draw up a plan for the 'biggun'.

Does Andy Cox has drawings for sale? No idea. I'll try and find out if you like.

However, I have heard that the original 3D render files are now out in the public domain for those in the know! ;)

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Boss subfixer » Fri May 27, 2005 11:47 am

I would very much like to know if he would make plans available. I'm sure others would too.
As far as anything posted on the web I read a post a little while back about a yahoo group but never found it.
Thanks.
Don Evans
SCM# 2733

Put your heart into it, well done is better than well said... Ben Franklin
Boss subfixer

Previous

Return to Television and Movie Submarines