Banner Ad 1

Disney LEAGUES Production Artwork - 2-Volume 200 page book available on CD

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby Captain Nemo » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:04 am

I've got the entire Two-Volume, 200 page collection of drawings made by the Disney Art Department for 20,000 Leagues. It's a must for any serious NAUTILUS modeler or Leagues fan.

I've seen some guys bleeding this stuff off to the masses one pic at a time; or trying to hock the drawings for five bucks a page and more, which is total bunk. In retaliation, I put my own personal copy on CD. Heh!

These 200 images are in the form of whompin-big TIF files. Gigantic, actually. If you take them to a print shop they can print them full sized. Or, you can reduce them to smaller jpegs for ease of use in your own computer.

If you would like to obtain a copy for your own personal use, visit my website and shoot me an email at the addy you find there.

http://www.vulcaniasubmarine.com

If the above URL doesn't light up, cut and paste it into the ADDRESS window and click your GO button.

If that don't work, GOOGLE me. Pat Regan. Vulcania Submarine. Disney Nautilus. Nautilus Minisub, etc.

Any of those SEARCH items ought to lead you to Vulcania. See you there.

VBR,

Pat "Power to the People" Regan :p
VULCANIA SUBMARINE: Home of the Nautilus Minisub and 20,000 Leagues Diving Suits
Captain Nemo

Postby Captain Nemo » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:11 am

P.S. Book One, Page One, is the complete DISNEY NAUTILUS exterior plans: the Disney Art Department version, not the ones from SCALE SHIP MODELER MAGAZINE (with the split lines up the middle) that you see people selling all over eBay.

Look at it this way: with this CD you're getting a great set of authentic plans (suitable for framing or making a model from) and the other 199 images are bonus material.

:D
VULCANIA SUBMARINE: Home of the Nautilus Minisub and 20,000 Leagues Diving Suits
Captain Nemo

Postby Captain Nemo » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:12 am

PSS: In the short time since I made this book available, a few more pages have found their way to the internet as free downloads.

But the dimensions of some of those "download" drawings seem unusual, so the images might be distorted.

Also, my images are on the average TWICE THE SIZE of those being posted, so the resolution will be better for reprint.

You can wait around hoping someone will eventually post all 200 drawings for free download, knowing the quality won't be as good as mine. Or you can get the whole book on CD in the best format available anywhere, right now from me.

If you want the CD, don't wait too long. My priorities are such that I'm only going to produce a limited number, and when they're gone, they're gone.

VBR,

Pat
Captain Nemo

Postby Captain Nemo » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:39 am

Latest update: :D

"They" didn't want you to have this book; only their small circle of friends. I felt everyone should have it.

"They" complained that they have rights to this book that keep me from offering it to you. I read their arguments and they are wrong.

When "they" couldn't stop me from offering the book to you, they tried to undermine my efforts by posting it on a website (from which I've been banned) as a free download. But people within the group advise me the number of pages and picture resolution is inferior to my CD, and are still asking for mine anyway.

Then, "they" contacted the person who'd bid on the one CD I'd put up for auction on eBay, and got him to retract his bid.

That's unreasonable and antagonistic, but that's how "they" are.

I wasn't doing this because I need money; and considering the effort involved, I wasn't making anything of any real importance anyway. I did this to provide these pictures to all Leaguers; and if the book finds its way into your hands by any route, I have succeeded in my goal.

Feel free to download their free version; or, if you want more images at double the resolution, mine is still available as of the time of this writing. Either way is fine with me.

VBR,

Pat
Captain Nemo

Postby Captain Nemo » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:04 pm

What will "they" stoop to next?

Now "they" are posting messages on their website, telling others not to buy my CD because they are offering the exact same thing for free. Not true.

They never made any effort to inquire about my CD before publishing their statements. The fact is: My CD is NOT the same as theirs. They only offer 101 images, while I have all 200, full-sized, sharp and clear.

Why is this happening, you ask? Because "they" labor under the misconception that they have the right to control these drawings, when in fact they do not.

Moreover, they are angry because I made this book available beyond the closed circle they wanted it restricted to.

Now that the drawings are available to others, "they" are trying to undermine me out of spite; but they still only offer you half the book.

Over the past few days I discussed these issues with one of their group and I believe he now understands that they do not have the right to control these drawings or keep me from distributing them. Hopefully, he will explain this to his friends and they will see the light.

Meanwhile, the "real thing" is still available for less than 1/6 the price one of them paid when he bought it on eBay a few years back; and people keep asking for it even though they are part of that website offering half the book for free.

Which collection you choose depends on what you need these images for. If you just want a few pictures, theirs will probably work fine.

If you are a bit more serious and want all 200 hi-res files suitable for professional printing as full-sized plans, my CD is the way to go.

As is often true in life, you can ride first class, or be satisfied with something less. It's up to you, and either way is fine with me. :D

Enjoy!

Pat
Captain Nemo

Postby Captain Nemo » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:03 am

Friends and Fellow Leaguers,

As I said a few days ago when I began this thread, my plan to provide the Leagues Drawings on CD was a limited venture, and that when I decided to end it, it was all over. Be advised, as of this moment the offer is terminated, and the CD's are not available.

As I've said, I was never doing this for the money. My intent was to achieve the distribution of these images to every Leaguer who might make advantageous use of them in constructing his own NAUTILUS replica. Because others in possession of similar documentation have recently been compelled to make them available to the public free of charge, my goal has been achieved, and there is no point iin my continuing this work.

I applaud Ty Bumgardner for making his images available as a free download. I now leave that good work to him, and return to my own priorities.

Additionally, it has come to my attention that my efforts to sell this CD have upset people I've considered friends for many years. While I am convinced my actions have been completely right and legal, if it offends the moral sensibilities of those I've enjoyed an amicable relationship with, and perhaps jeopardizes those relationships, then whatever small recompence I might have gained is not worth the cost in lost friendship, and I cannot proceed.

Therefore, be advised: as no disks have yet been shipped, all those who have paid me already will receive a prompt refund in lieu of merchandise. Those who have not yet sent funds will be advised the offer has ended and their payment is no longer required.

I wish you all the best of luck with your projects. Keep on Leaguin'. :D

Pat Regan
Vulcania Submarine
Hawaii
Captain Nemo

Return to Television and Movie Submarines