Regarding the "7 Foot" version of the 20K Nautilus....... My recommendations to anyone who has sent this person deposits, or additional funds, are as follows:
First, contact him again with your all of your contact information (including your name address, and several phone numbers)....... Make sure that this person has all of "Your" contact information. Data that's been stored only on a computer can, has been lost in the past. This person is compiling a complete list and will have it as hard copy.
Secondly, make sure that YOU have a complete record of all your receipts, cancelled checks or money order receipts, as well as copies of any and all contact/correspondence with this person, and be able to provide him with copies from your end.
Third, ask this person for a clear indication as to what his intent is in terms of casting the 7 foot model, and where you stand in the order of receiving this item.
We need to make certain that he's "current" with all of our information, such as indicated above, contact information and funds that have been forwarded.
The whole point is to eliminate any "gaps" in all of this, and to keep this person, and ourselves straight.
For what it's worth, I am not "first in line"
Some of us tend to be a little eccentric, such as this person is (and I can include myself in that group) so I'm trying to be patient a little bit longer with this character, to see if first of all, he can produce and also re-establish his reputation.
I had a conversation with this person over this past weekend, and he assures me that he is just about ready to proceed with the casting. From what I was told, he just retrieved the molds, not the master. He needs to clean up the molds and proceed from there. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt at least this time.
FYI...... He contacted me directly. I did not call him. This person knows full well that not only his reputation is at stake...... and wants very much to make things right with everyone. Not very many people are willing to do that.
This person has also assured me that he will do better about updating people about progress. This person is not great at writing, but is one #### of a model builder...... So I want to give him the benefit of the doubt "AGAIN" and wait just a little bit longer for the highest quality model that I'm expecting. If after a little bit longer nothing comes of it, we'll deal with that matter at that time.
Personally, I'm looking for a "Win/Win" situation...... If I get my model, then I win, and so does this person who's going to cast it. IF not, well...... It speaks for itself and will be dealt with accordingly at that time...