Banner Ad 1

Disney store Nautilus disapointment

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby FX Models » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:24 am

Guys,

A comment I wanted to make in case it did not come across. I never had a doubt that Wil did a fine job on the master. He and I talked last night about it and my complaint was Disney/China. Wil reserved judgement as he should in his position.

Oh oh I sense a political statement coming... I am trying to hold my tongue! I am trying... AUUGHHH!!!!

I tried... [sorry for the following tirade!]

I am not a fan of the mainland Chinese taking all of our manufacturing and I do not personally use the Chinese sweatshops for any of our work and tend to look down on those that do. Just because it has become pervasive in our economy doesnt mean its RIGHT nor that it has to STAY that way.
We here are all "Made in America" and will always stay that way because I want the USA to stay a superpower and not give it all away.

[oops. did I say all that out loud? shame on me!]

To our Chinese subcommittee members: My comments are directed at the mainland Chinese government obviously and not you so dont feel insulted please. Thank you.

Ok end of political statement.

Marc
FX Models

Postby Captain Nemo » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:23 am

I said I'd post a message here describing the condition of my NAUTILUS sub when it arrived....

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Mine's nice! 'Bout the only thing I can fault is the prop didn't point slightly up like it's supposed to; it was straight. But it sure wasn't drooping down. I applied a few seconds of hair drier to the area of the first rakers where the shaft meets the bow, and bent it up slightly. Looks like it's supposed to now.

Overall impression: it's an awesome model. To quote Harry Hathorne, "It looks like a mini eleven footer."

HOPE FOR THE OTHER GUY.... if you got one that wasn't right, Disney is STILL allowing you to return it for a replacement, but that option will end soon so check it out ASAP. Call the 1-800 number for more information on that, or visit Larry Brooks' YAHOO! 20,000 Leagues website. People are talking about it there.

Word is all the returned ones will be crunched to maintain this as a limited edition of 1,000 units. (How would you like to have that job?) I guess they are going to make enough to replace the bad ones, and I'd surmise the quality control over those replacements will have to be better than it was on the originals.

I'm keeping mine. If you don't like yours, you can fix it, return it for a refund, or return it for a replacement; but don't wait too long as that last option isn't going to be around forever.

Pat Regan
http://www.vulcaniasubmarine.com

VULCANIA SUBMARINE: Home of the Nautilus Minisub and 20,000 Leagues Diving Suits
Captain Nemo

Postby Captain Nemo » Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:27 am

D'OH! When I said the PROP didn't point up slightly like it was supposed to, obviously I meant the RAMMING SPUR up front, not the propellor! Duh-huhhhh!

Must get getting sleepy............

Pat :p
VULCANIA SUBMARINE: Home of the Nautilus Minisub and 20,000 Leagues Diving Suits
Captain Nemo

Previous

Return to Television and Movie Submarines