Banner Ad 1

IT'S ALIIIIIIVE!!!!! - Member succeeds in getting logged on.

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby Captain Nemo » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:02 pm

Hi Bob,

OK, the log-in process seems to be working now. Yes, it took getting both logs straightened out: one for the website, and one for the message board. Thanks for your efforts, and those of you having troubles logging on might ask Bob. I did and he went above and beyond to help me out.

Now if we could re-activate the now-dead link to my NAUTILUS MINISUB page in the photo gallery......?

From here, I'm going to try to add a link to VSC at the SC Links page.

Have a good one!

Pat
VULCANIA SUBMARINE: Home of the Nautilus Minisub and 20,000 Leagues Diving Suits
Captain Nemo

Postby Captain Nemo » Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:08 pm

OOPS! I see there already is a link to VSC at the SC Links page. Thanks, Bob! You're doing a great job!

VBR,

Pat Regan
http://www.vulcaniasubmarine.com
VULCANIA SUBMARINE: Home of the Nautilus Minisub and 20,000 Leagues Diving Suits
Captain Nemo

Postby Bob the Builder » Fri Jan 30, 2004 12:51 pm

Pat,

You should stop being so stingy with your minisub pics and post some to the photo gallery so everyone can appreciate them!

That goes for everyone, too! We're counting on the member of the SC to repopulate our Photo Galleries. Break out those pics and e-mail them to me. Better yet, submit them to the site yourself!
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Captain Nemo » Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:04 pm

:D

Stingy? Me? Yeah, Right!

Anyway, I know you're joshing because we already talked about this. But for the sake of everyone else who might be in the same boat, please answer the following here:

1. What format pics? I'm assuming JPEG about 640 X 480 is cool?

2. Who to send them to: what email address?

3. Should I include captions or information describing each picture?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Pat
Captain Nemo

Postby JC Carbonel » Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:14 am

I can appreciate the difficulty because I can't log in from the office. Our experts suggests it is because there is a firewall upfront ?

JCC
JC Carbonel

Postby Bob the Builder » Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:31 pm

RE: Picture formatting and uploading info:

The website automatically resizes pictures to 640x480 pixels, so if you're already there, your pics will turn out great (or at least as good as they started out as).

SC Members who have registered can upload your own pictures through the built-in software in the new site! Just click on the "Photos" link in your top menu bar and follow the instructions. When you are uploading, you can include a caption to explain what's happening in the photo.

If all of this is a bit too complicated, you can e-mail me the pics and I'll post them myself. Please note, however, that I'd really appreciate it if members would upload pics through the site, as it cuts my workload by about 90% for each picture. That said, if you need to e-mail them to me, just include what captions you'd like each picture to have.

Hope this helps.
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:03 pm

>> Our experts suggests it is because there is a firewall upfront ?

The existence of a firewall will not, in and of itself, prevent you from logging on. However, I have seen some pretty wierd firewall configurations that could stop you.

Bottom line is at this point I'd first look elsewhere for the 'problem'.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Return to Television and Movie Submarines