SubCommittee Raffle 2009

Place for general submarine conversation

SubCommittee Raffle 2009

Postby PaulC » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:02 pm

FROM THE OFFICE OF THE
SUBCOMMITTEE PRESIDENT:
MYLES P. YANCEY
and the SubCommittee Executive Committee

The SubCommittee is pleased to announce the first SubCommittee-sponsored raffle. Working in conjunction with OTW Designs, we are pleased to offer the following prizes:

First prize - an OTW S-class submarine DELUXE kit.
Second - through sixth prizes - an opportunity to purchase the OTW S-class DELUXE kit at a complementary price £585.00 British pounds (plus shipping).

Kits will include the following:

1) The Basic Hull, Brass Deck, Tower, front and rear planes drop skeg and Rudder all pivot rods and bushings, plus full Brass Deck for tower floor, a set of slot cutting templates and a set of drawings and CD with every picture taken during construction by Bob Dimmack and Darrin Hattaway, a set of 15 Hatches, (tower hatches, escape hatches, torpedo loading hatch ammo hatches, and torpedo tube doors), 8 Kingston valves, 2 P eriscope Sheers, The Special Bow Bulk head, 1 Binnacle, 2 P air of Fairings for the front planes.
2) The Deck Gun, and Band stand 20mm Oerlikon.
3) The “A” Frame with 2 Scale Brass Props with shafts.

These raffle prizes have been graciously donated by Bob Dimmack
of OTW and the SubCommittee wishes to extend our deep appreciation for Bob’s generosity.

This raffle is being promoted through both SubCommittee.com as well as the SubCommittee Report to ensure that all members of the organization are aware of this event. This raffle will be open to all interested parties, members and non-members alike. Tickets will be sold until December 27th and the winning tickets will be drawn and announced on December 31st. The announcement will be made on both the web site as well as in the SubCommittee Report.

Tickets can be purchased either by Check or Money Order sent to the SubCommittee Treasurer. The only restrictions would be that there be no international checks or money orders, all such payments must reflect the US bank responsible to make good on the payment. All Checks must be made out “The SubCommittee, Inc.”

Money Orders and checks can be mailed to:

The SubCommittee Treasurer
Mr. Wm. R. Vanderslice
315 Aquamarine Court
Cold Springs, Nevada 89508-6885

Rules of the Raffle

1) If you join the SubCommittee your membership will give you (1) free raffle ticket.
2) Raffle Tickets will cost $10.00 dollars each.
3) Buy (2) two raffle tickets get a (3) third ticket free.
4) Existing members can also buy tickets at the above prices.
5) Non-members who wish to take part in the raffle may do so with
the understanding, that the tickets will cost $15.00 dollars each.
(A Non-member is someone who is not a paying dues member of the
SubCommittee.)
6) Non-members wishing to buy (2) tickets will also get a (3) third ticket free.

Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Re: SubCommittee Raffle 2009

Postby TMSmalley » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Who is doing the drawing? Can I draw? hee hee! :lol:
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Myles Yancey » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi Everyone

It is getting near time for the closing of the raffle, so now is the time to buy your raffle Tickets.

Wish you all a Safe and Happy Holiday Season
Myes
If you are not part of the solution to a problem then say nothing at all
Myles Yancey

Postby Jaguar » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Is there anyway we can get raffle tickets using paypal?
Jaguar

Postby Myles Yancey » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Jaguar wrote:Is there anyway we can get raffle tickets using paypal?

Hi

I am sorry but it is against the rules of PayPal to sell raffle tickets.

Myles.
Myles Yancey

Postby Big Jim » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:17 pm

Now that this is over, it is painfully obvious that advertising this raffle in the SubCommittee Report is not the way to do things! I didn't receive my copy until after the raffle was over. Not that I wanted one, but, it is just the principle of the thing.

Sorry Mr. Commanding Officur, there has got to be a better way.
Jimmy Lisle
Big Jim
SubCommittee Member

Postby Myles Yancey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Big Jim wrote:Now that this is over, it is painfully obvious that advertising this raffle in the SubCommittee Report is not the way to do things! I didn't receive my copy until after the raffle was over. Not that I wanted one, but, it is just the principle of the thing.

Jimmy Lisle

As I said to you in the other post here is my answer again.
Sorry to see that you feel this way Big Jim, but what this is telling me, is that part of the membership is not paying any attention as to what the Subcommittee is sending them. Now I say this because a complete raffle flyer was sent out with the previous SC Report explaining the raffle in full detail. next the the raffle was well advertized on the website well inadvance of the raffle here again the raffle was explained in full detail with pictures as well. so this tells me that some of the membership dose not even pay attention to what is being posted on the the SubCommittee website itself.
So with all respect I disagree with you on this matter but respect how you feel about it.

Thank you Myles
Myles Yancey

Postby Big Jim » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Myles Yancey wrote:
Big Jim wrote:Now that this is over, it is painfully obvious that advertising this raffle in the SubCommittee Report is not the way to do things! I didn't receive my copy until after the raffle was over. Not that I wanted one, but, it is just the principle of the thing.

Jimmy Lisle

As I said to you in the other post here is my answer again.
Sorry to see that you feel this way Big Jim, but what this is telling me, is that part of the membership is not paying any attention as to what the Subcommittee is sending them. Now I say this because a complete raffle flyer was sent out with the previous SC Report explaining the raffle in full detail. next the the raffle was well advertized on the website well inadvance of the raffle here again the raffle was explained in full detail with pictures as well. so this tells me that some of the membership dose not even pay attention to what is being posted on the the SubCommittee website itself.
So with all respect I disagree with you on this matter but respect how you feel about it.

Thank you Myles

I didn't get out my magnifying glass, but, I see no mention of said raffle in issue #78. Also nothing extra came in my envelope. Furthermore, not everybody has internet service or can keep up with everything on the web.

So I say again, this was a poorly run deal and the next time maybe someone other than the officers can step up and find a better way to promote the raffle.
Jimmy
Big Jim
SubCommittee Member

Postby Myles Yancey » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:30 pm

Sorry again but I guess you did not read the flyer that was sent out with the Sc report.
it was dated August 28, 2009
It was titled SubCommittee Depatment
Bureau Of naval Procurement
It was done on glossy paper and there was no way you could misss it sorry still don't agree
with you.

If you must please read the first post in this thread by Paul C.
Myles Yancey

Return to General