Banner Ad 1

Thor Alfa

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby 82-1045851831 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:22 am

I just recieved a 1/72 scale Thor Alfa in the mail.
After looking at the hull,I felt like I needed to share something with the committee and fellow submariners.
The quality of the mold is excellent.The detailing is crisp ,rihgt out of the box.After having a polyester hull before,I do not think I will ever build another one.Epoxy hulls are definatly better,and will the cost is slightly higher,the old adage you get what you pay for definatly hold true.
Matt has contacted me several times already,to be sure everything is ok and to offer suggestions.
My experiance from another hull manufacturer was nowhere near as pleasant,or as fast.
I see Matt heavily involved,daily,with the subron 5 activitys and the subcommittee.
Folks,he looks pretty committed to me.I have seen many a posting about poor service or quality.I felt strongly all should know how I have been treated.
With the new releases in the works(and no telling what he is working on unannounced!),Matt will be one to watch this year.
Thank you Matt,credit due!!
82-1045851831

Postby Britt Boyette » Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:09 pm

Shouldn't this be on the main board instead of the swap area?
Britt Boyette

Break Like The Wind Racing
Britt Boyette

Postby 82-1045851831 » Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:40 pm

You are right Britt.Didn't occur to me.Sould drink more coffee before getting on this thing. :D
82-1045851831

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Mar 17, 2003 12:05 pm

Good catch! I've moved this forum thread to the General forum.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Mihelich » Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:52 pm

I will second that Ramius.
Being new to submarine portion of the R/C hobby, Matt is first rate. I chose his Sturgeon class boat and man am I a happy camper. There is nothing like starting out right at the top as far as craftsmanship and quality. IT feels good to know I did not waste my money messing around. I work as a auto designer for DaimlerChrysler in Detroit and Matt would have no problem taking the J.D Powers quality award. :;):

Thanks again Matt,

Tom
Mihelich

Postby Slats » Mon Mar 17, 2003 10:11 pm

Gotta echo those comments - Matt is great for our hobby.
John Slater

Sydney, Australia
Slats

Return to General