Banner Ad 1

F-14 Modules - Can you add up to 3?

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby kd6hq » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:00 pm

Being new to subs I have been reading a lot lately. I have been using a F-14 radio for quite awhile now and have a basic understanding of how it works. One of the threads that I read someplace mentioned that a second switch module (8101) could be added in series by using the plug on the back of the module. Which is easy enough but where does the second 8370-module go? Does it plug into the next channel? For instance if the first 8370 goes to channel 6 then does the second one into channel 7? I can’t see any other way to do it. Unless a ‘Y’ adapter is used on channel 6?

Is it possible to put 3 8101-switch modules in series?

Thanks
Don

Keep the faith.....
kd6hq

Postby Feet Wet » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:14 am

Yes, although the directions are terrible,putting the modules in series is what is done.The three prong plug for the first module connects to the MULTI-OUT pinwith its single wire lead going topins 1,2,or 3 in the right hand pin cluster. the next module multi-pin now connects to the multi-pin on the BACK of the first module ,the single lead of the #2 module goes next to #1's single lead on the main board.Module #3 is series'd the same way.
Good Luck
JE
Feet Wet
SubCommittee Member

Return to General