Banner Ad 1

Very good Russian sub page, Thx Antoine! - Comprehensive

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby Dolphin » Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:14 am

http://deepstorm.v-real.ru/

Great Russian submarine source! Known design Projects in detail, projected but never started projects, AIP projects in the late 1940's early 50's. Amphibious tank subs, deep oceanographic subs too! Notice the new Project 885 drawing showing a pump jet. There goes the neighborhood! Thank you Antoine for tipping me to this site!

Attention Matt Thor, check out the nice drawings and color paint schemes of your favorite WWII Russian sub! Excellent!

http://deepstorm.v-real.ru/DeepStorm.files/17-45/sh%20X/list.htm

Steve Reichmuth
Dolphin

Postby Ramius » Sat Aug 16, 2003 11:58 pm

Matt is away from his computor because he is down here for the Sub Ron 5 thing.I told him about it today.
It is very interesting to me as well.I am always looking for information and links to russian boats.Thanks for some new material.
Remember me if you find anything else.
Thanks,
Wayne
"A little revolution now and then is a good thing"
Ramius-Hunt for Red October
Ramius

Postby David H » Sat Aug 23, 2003 9:02 am

Dear all,

I am soooo salivating at this site. Only one major problem. Can't understand a word of Russian!!!!!

If the text is as interesting as the drawings then wow!! Can it somehow be translated or do we need to wait for this guy to do it?

regards

david H ???
"Baldrick ,you would'nt recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced on top a harpsichord singing "Subtle plans are here again!!" Blackadder.
David H

Postby rcade » Sat Aug 23, 2003 10:35 am

Depending on of the link is used or the abreviated address is used it looks almost like two seperate sites. Do not use the full link. Type in the address. When the screen comes up there is an English translation key near the top of the page. Great site !!!!!!!!!
Rob Cade
SC# 2460
rcade

Postby David H » Thu Aug 28, 2003 7:01 am

DEar all,

I have been looking at this brilliant russian site for about a week now and have only been wondering what the text holds.

Tonight I managed to find a Russian - English translator that does a pretty good job of it!

www.translate.ru

You then click on the button that says "Translate WWW" and click on the Russian to English window. Type in the website and off you go. It is a bit slow and the trnslation is not all that hot but you can understand it

Best of luck

David Hughes
"Baldrick ,you would'nt recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced on top a harpsichord singing "Subtle plans are here again!!" Blackadder.
David H

Postby Novagator » Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:07 am

Too bad the translate site is in Russian, makes it very difficult to find the buttons.
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Return to General