Banner Ad 1

SubTech & ThorDesign

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby ThorDesign » Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:16 pm

I would like to publicly address the issue of the relationship that has existed over the last 2 years between Skip Asay, of Subtech, and myself. I know there have been a lot of rumors and information flying around regarding the poor state of the relationship. The fact of the matter is the market is very small, and there is no room for us to not be working together for the betterment of the hobby, SubCommittee, Subtech, & ThorDesign.

I would like to openly apologize to Skip for any part that I, personally, have played in the demise of our relationship, & any trouble that this has caused.

I hope that we can move forward together as friends, workmates, and colleagues. Skip and I were friends before all of this stuff transpired over the last 2 years and I am hopeful that we can become friends, again. We will be much stronger working together than opposing each other. There is already enough trouble in the world. Neither of us needs this.

Skip and I had a long and very frank conversation this morning in which each of us agreed to give to make this relationship work. We have a very solid understanding and are going to move forward, working together. To me this is a very positive thing and I know will benefit everyone in the long term. The hatchet is not only buried, but put away for good. You will, soon, see his products on my website. Any information to the contrary should be ignored by all.

Best Regards,

Matt

:)
ThorDesign

Postby subdude » Fri Aug 01, 2003 6:24 pm

Matt,
That's the best news I've heard in a long, long time. I'm very glad to see two very talented individuals working together to further the hobby.

Best regards,

Jim Butt
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:39 pm

This is very welcomed news. I believe that everyone will benefit from this!

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Skip Asay » Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:52 pm

As Matt said, we used to be good friends, we drifted apart somehow, and ended up about as friendly as cats and dogs. I'm sorry that happened, Matt. I can't say I'm without some fault here.

I would like to apologize to all who may have suffered through this.

Our heart-to-heart conversation this morning was a very good thing and I'm very happy that all the bad blood is behind us.

I'm looking forward to getting back to being friends again.

For anybody wondering, Matt called first. As much as we were at odds with each other, that took a lot of guts. Thank you, Matt!

Skip Asay
SubTech
The U.S. of A - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave
Skip Asay

Postby Dolphin » Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:52 pm

Very Cool! Lets build! :)

Steve Reichmuth
Dolphin

Postby Bob the Builder » Sat Aug 02, 2003 9:49 am

In my profession, there are only three companies that do what my companies does in the world. We are part of a very small niche market in the construction industry.

As much as I've tried, I've been unable to establish any sort of relationship with either of the two companies, and the best we've come to is a mutual agreement to ignore each other.

I, for one, am glad that there are people like Matt and Skip amongst this hobby who are adult enough to do what they have done. Not only are both outstanding vendors, but they are true professionals in every sense of the word.

Thanks to you both!
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby President » Sat Aug 02, 2003 10:12 am

I find this news gratifying and I hope we all can learn something from this. Now let’s continue to meet locally and grow our hobby.

Jim Wheeler :D
Join the SubCommittee!
President
SubCommittee Officer

Postby Robse » Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:10 am

Hi, fellers.

That's the best news in the sub community in a long time! I'm VERY pleased to hear that forces has been joined in the growth of the sub hobby. Thanks, guys!
Yours Sincerely, Robert Holsting, Denmark
1/81 SSBN Ohio Class scratch builder, more at www.robse.dk

"Never be afraid to try something new; remember that it was amateurs who build Noah's Ark, and professionals who build the Titanic"
Robse

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Aug 15, 2003 11:41 am

During the monthly SubComEast funrun this past Saturday (August 9th), we were very pleased to welcome Matt as our guest. (and made sure that he had a boat to run!)

I am pleased to be able to report that Skip and Matt were able to further cement their renewed relationship. They were even able to get some private 'business' discussions taken care of.

To witness this happy occurance, I brought a camera with me and offer the following:

-enjoy!

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Seawolf » Fri Aug 15, 2003 10:47 pm

honestly, I'm not aware of the situation between the two gentlements :)

but I feel happy reading the news :laugh:
Fiat - Jakarta (Indonesia)
sshhh.... rig ship for ultra silent..........
Seawolf

Postby FX Models » Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:55 pm

I like this news too! It is every bit as exciting as Electric Boat teaming up with Newport News to build Virginias!

Eerily similar too isn't it? hmmmmm...

Great kits and great parts... glad you both worked it out.

Marc
FX Models

Postby ThorDesign » Sun Aug 17, 2003 9:49 pm

I can see from the photo that I REALLY need to cut down on the donuts!
:D
ThorDesign

Return to General