Banner Ad 1

Engle BTS problems - Failed fail safe

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby Joeangi » Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:05 am

My BTS on my Engle tank works fine, but the RF failsafe no longer drives the motor to full blow. The motor just jumps after the 8 second delay and stops. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe
Joeangi

Postby jlemons » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:59 pm

On my Typhoon it was doing something similar to that. It turned out to be the shoulder bolt that supports the idler gear. It had galled up causing it to jam when trying to surface. I had to increase the size of the hole in the gear by a couple of thousandths. That seemed to remedy the problem.
James Lemons
Fort Worth Texas
You are correct Captian, I see them. On our right as well as our left. Sensors indicate them to be.....................gray hair.
jlemons

Postby Joeangi » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:07 pm

Thanks for the info...I will look at it tonight.
Joeangi

Postby Joeangi » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:12 pm

Was your tank functioning properly.....mine runs properly in both directions. It is just when I turn off the transmitter to simulate loss of signal that it does nothing.
Joeangi

Postby jlemons » Thu Jul 31, 2003 1:23 pm

Mine just locked up. I'm not sure on what would cause it when you have a signal loss. You might e-mail Engel thay are real good at helping to track problems.
James Lemons
Fort Worth Texas
You are correct Captian, I see them. On our right as well as our left. Sensors indicate them to be.....................gray hair.
jlemons

Postby 70-1048541373 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:44 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased two of these to use in my Type VII. Although I have'nt installed them, I have tested them .... except for a loss of signal.

Is this part of the normal package he sells or was it something extra you bought?

My version is the one that requires a servo...The EA750.

Mike
70-1048541373

Postby Silent Hunter » Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:47 am

The best thing to do if you have any problems withan Engel product is talk to Greg Engel. He knows the product better than anyone, and is quick to respond when able to, which is alomost all the time.

Richard
Richard Frisch
Subcommittee member #2348
Silent Hunter

Return to General