Banner Ad 1

SR 03 VOLUNTEERS WANTED!!!

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby wlambing » Sun Mar 16, 2003 7:19 am

Per the ruless handbook, we need a pool of judges for the Nav, Static, and Photography categories. At present the pool consists of 4 souls. If you're interested in becoming a qualified regatta judge, you need to stand a watch "under-instruction". A very good opportunity for you, and makes the SC judge list bigger. Looks like win-win to me.
Check out the rules on the "Subregatta" page on the SC main site under "Events and Regattas".
Contact me if you want to participate while at SR03.
Take care,
Bill

Edited By wlambing on 1047813736
"If you ignore the problem long enough, it will go away. Even flooding stops eventually!"
wlambing
SubCommittee Member

Postby 70-1046124970 » Tue Mar 18, 2003 1:44 pm

Bill,
You can count me in. I'd be more than glad to offer my services in judging at the upcoming regatta. Just let me know what I have to do.
Frank
70-1046124970

Postby wlambing » Tue Mar 18, 2003 7:54 pm

Frank,
Thanks very much for stepping up. Will contact you later (closer to the event date) to confirm and set up the assignment.

Any more takers?

Take care, all,
Bill
"If you ignore the problem long enough, it will go away. Even flooding stops eventually!"
wlambing
SubCommittee Member

Postby Ron » Wed Mar 19, 2003 5:11 pm

Bill,

I would also like to participate as a judge in training. You can contact me at [email]rkarpiej@intercosmetics.com.[/email]

Ron
member #2395 :D
Ron

Postby wlambing » Wed Mar 19, 2003 6:32 pm

Ron,
Got you slated in. As above, will contact you a bit later in the season. Thank you for jumping in!

Still got room in the pool!! Any one else for wet feet?

Take care,all,
Bill :D
wlambing
SubCommittee Member

Postby FX Models » Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:52 pm

Hi Bill!

In case you did not yet hear it, I would be happy to design the course again.

Talk to you later... Was just up your way visiting the NR-1 guys again. I did not have time to spend saying hi. After the visit, I went with a Navy guy down to State Street in New London, to have lunch. While sitting there, I almost did not notice them but there they were, on patrol walking the New London streets... Two fully armed, fully outfitted Marines, walking a beat on State Street...

I felt safer I must say! [grin]

TTFN...

Marc
FX Models

Postby 98-1046175122 » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:46 pm

I haven't spoken to the Competition Chairman about this, but I'd bet there will be a training opportunity for new judges at the Colorado Regatta. I will speak with our Subron 5 members to get details.

Incidently, because of the water depth and visibility, I've heard speculation of building a 'Red Route 5' run that will be completely visible to the captain.

Bruce Thomas
RM1(SS)
98-1046175122

Postby wlambing » Sat May 03, 2003 9:05 am

Any more folks interested?
wlambing
SubCommittee Member

Postby wlambing » Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:42 am

Ron, Frank, and any other interested parties,
We have handbooks available for reference and conduct of the competitions. Just let us (SubRon 4) know when you get to the event.

Thanks, guys,
Bill
wlambing
SubCommittee Member

Return to General