Banner Ad 1

An objective opinion !!! - about aesthetic again .. and a joke too.

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby AntoineL » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:04 pm

Hi guys !!

(not serious post but.... :D )
After a chat with Thierry (of course about submarines..) we decided to post a poll about aesthetic of 2 subs .(not here as it is not possible but on Dean's website)

This forum (Deans one) was maybe not the best neutral place for this poll ( too many crazy typhoon lovers) .
Com'on guys I need you to give the most objective opinion about that (completly useless) question.

I just want to know if I am crazy or not to find the Typhoon ugly (yes, I am not being objective at all :D :p )

Crazy Antoine.
~~~~ MOBILIS IN MOBILE ~~~~
AntoineL

Postby Dolphin » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:46 pm

Typhoon ugly? #### yes Antione, I am with you. I would love to view one in dry dock though....wow! That is if there was some way to stand back enough to view so vertigo did not set in. It is second only to the Type XXIII in ugliness. Subs are supposed to be a bit ugly anyways, but these boats are UGLY!

The most attractive subs to me?

German Type XVIIB, French Arethuse, any American Gato/Balao circa WW2, Russian Foxtrot, Israeli Dolphin/German 212, the Skipjack SSN's, and Trafalgar's are very handsome too.

Steve
Dolphin

Postby Bob the Builder » Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:38 am

I don't know...

The typhoon just seems to project exactly what the Russians were looking for... strength and power!

She's a darn big boat, and the mix of angles and curves seems just right to me. If she hadn't been modelled to death I think that I might have picked one to build a model of.

Just MY two cents worth...
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby bo@ti » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:14 am

Bob the Builder wrote:I don't know...

The typhoon just seems to project exactly what the Russians were looking for... strength and power!

She's a darn big boat, and the mix of angles and curves seems just right to me. If she hadn't been modelled to death I think that I might have picked one to build a model of.

Just MY two cents worth...

And GOSH did those 2 Cents pay off :D

I say she's ugly in a beatiful way!
bo@ti

Return to General