Banner Ad 1

where cnai find micro pumps? - where to buy

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby petn7 » Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:19 pm

i'm thinking about making my own model sub with static ballast and i was wondering where i could find small pumps? i'm looking for pumps about the size of a "C" cell battery if not smaller. they need to be reversable and be able to pump to maybe 1 bar pressure. the pump doesn't even need to make a good seal as the pump can constantly be on in order to keep the ballast tanks full of water. any place i can find something like this?

thanks ahead
petn7
SubCommittee Member

Postby Airmail » Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:16 am

Re: your pump question. Check with Skip Asay at SubTech [see vendors list for phone/email]. He supplies a rotary pump that is just about the size of a 'C' cell, maybe a bit smaller, although it has 3/8" diameter ports that stick out a bit on two sides. They can be necked down by slipping in and gluing brass tubing. He also supplies a reversing switch as well as a check valve so you don't have to keep it running all the time. Regarding pressure, I doubt if it will do anywhere near 1 bar [15psi]. I think for that, most guys use propel or piston tanks. Anyway, check with Skip; he would know. Best, Lou
Airmail

Return to General