Banner Ad 1

Value of a 32P Fleet Sub Hull?

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby Lyle Jansma » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:26 pm

Hello,

I have a 32P Fleet Sub hull, deck, sail with custom built brass periscope shears and 40MM deck gun (no props, rudder, planes, WTC..ect) What would the market value (within the hobby) of the items be.

Just wondering ???
"Underway On Nuclear Power."
Lyle Jansma SCM#2214 Atomic Subs SubCom-IP
Lyle Jansma

Postby Robse » Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:47 am

Hi..

Now... I donno what class you've got, nor how detailed it is, both an important factor when setting the price. Nor do I know if it's completely "as new", or if someone has started to build, and if so, what's the state of work, and quality?
Also, is the hull straight, or will it need some straightening, and fitting before it forms a prefect hull?

32P is, as we all know, long gone. However, does anyone remember what the hulls costed?

Still I'd say somewhere in the ballpark of $200. The reason being that the normal rates for hulls WITH props, rudders etc. are $300 -> $550, but it's REAL hard to judge what would be a fair price without detailed info. :)
Yours Sincerely, Robert Holsting, Denmark
1/81 SSBN Ohio Class scratch builder, more at www.robse.dk

"Never be afraid to try something new; remember that it was amateurs who build Noah's Ark, and professionals who build the Titanic"
Robse

Postby Desert Boat » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:21 pm

If one reads the first sentence of Lyle's listing, he states it is a 32nd Parallel FLEETBOAT. It's worth more than $200 as is, but that's really up to a buyer. :)
Ray Agee
SCM #2551
Cactus Navy
Tempe, Arizona
Lord ... Shield us from the UltraSensitive!
Desert Boat

Postby Robse » Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:27 am

hmmm... my fault then... maybe I should get off the net at night and sleep instead.. :D I guess that's why my computer pops up the following box: "You have been online for one year straight now. Wanna log off and get a life? (YES) (NO)" :D
Yours Sincerely, Robert Holsting, Denmark
1/81 SSBN Ohio Class scratch builder, more at www.robse.dk

"Never be afraid to try something new; remember that it was amateurs who build Noah's Ark, and professionals who build the Titanic"
Robse

Postby seaphoto » Thu Jun 26, 2003 9:21 pm

The one true way to determine the value of anything is to try and sell it, and see what you get :D

Seriously, there appears to be a lot of interest in these hulls, so you might be able to get a price above list if you are willing to give the listing time. You could try selling it on eBay, or right here. As for price, I am guessing between 500 and 1000 for all the stuff you have.

Good luck!

Kurt Greiner
www.warshipmodelsunderway.com
Kurt Greiner - Former SC Member #0194
Seaphoto Maritime Photography
Featuring many submarine photos!
http://warshipphotos.com
And Warship Models Underway

http://www.warshipmodelsunderway.com
seaphoto

Return to General