Banner Ad 1

sub parts needed pump and motor

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby robert lipsett » Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:24 am

I am currently building a type VII I was using a fuel pump to empty the ballast tank but the pump after a test in the pool refuses to pump water anymore even thought the motor inside works. I need a 12 volt pump that can handle water and be connected to fuel tubing to empty my ballast tanks. can anyone also recommend a place to buy a good 12 volt motor that has enough tourque to run 2 shafts and fairly good speed. I only have room for the motor and a coupling shaft socket so no geared drives. please also let me know where I can purchase these items
robert lipsett

Postby Robse » Wed Jun 25, 2003 2:03 pm

Hi

About your pump: I use the ABP pump from SubTech. It's a high volume pump, pretty small, and perfect for the job.
(It fills a 1L bottle (App. 1/4 gallon) on just 15-20 secs.)

About the engine: Have you looked at Graupner engines, eg. the Speed 600BB? It's perfect when used with a 3:1 gearing.
Graupner engines are good, just remember to buy one with the "BB" designator. "BB"=Ball Bearings. They come in voltages from 4.5 to 14V=

Please see my site for more info on the engine and gearing, and the link to SubTech.
Yours Sincerely, Robert Holsting, Denmark
1/81 SSBN Ohio Class scratch builder, more at www.robse.dk

"Never be afraid to try something new; remember that it was amateurs who build Noah's Ark, and professionals who build the Titanic"
Robse

Return to General