Banner Ad 1

WTC Shaft

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby Mihelich » Fri Jun 06, 2003 6:51 pm

Well, I ordered a 3.0 WTC from Dave Merriman back on Feb 10th 2003 and I still have nothing to show for it. He cashed the check within one week and after 12 weeks I shot him an e-mail inquiring about my order. He replied "how did you pay for the order and what did you order?" I informed him of the contents of the order and he said he would rectify the mistake. Well.....5 months later, nothing ..nada.
I know this Dave is like a sub god to some but this just cannot be good for business. By everything I have read about Dave he dabbles in just about everthing. I should have known from reading past forum posts that this is not something new. So, here we are well into the sub sailing time of the year and my beast is sitting on a shelve. :(

Tom Mihelich
Mihelich

Postby rcade » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:08 pm

Sorry to hear you are having troubles with Dave. I was new to sub modeling and I had a similar experience with Dave. He promised delivery within one week if I sent a Money Order overnite for a WTC 3.5. It took several months and much effort to finaly get the WTC. When it finaly arrived it leaked at the center bulk head and the gearbox is so sloppy the teeth do not always engage the way they should. The ballast tank vent would not seal and the tank would slowly flood. The gas saver had a bind and I could not get it to work reliably. I sent several e-mails no response and left two phone messages. No response. Several other people have had similar experiences with him.

Threats worked for me but I finally ordered a ballast tank and gear from Small World Models. The workmanship is excellent and everything works as advertised. And get this it all arrived on time as promised. David Manley is a class act. Other suppliers I have dealt with and would do so again are:
Skip at SubTech, Mike Schubar and Matt Thor. All were honest and helpful.

Don't give up and I hope your sub sails soon.
Rob Cade
SC# 2460
rcade

Postby Tim Morris » Fri Jun 06, 2003 10:32 pm

hi --i guess this is a bad subject to get in on but what i would suggest is to make a copy of the cancelled check on both sides and send it to david along with the story-i bet he would send it to you if you did this. (snail mail)

i bet there was something that happened that distracted him from his business.

this is my suggestion and i do not know this will work for sure but please give it a try.

i ordered a skipjack and a wtc some time back and got them and the wtc i got was good. i know its been a long time ago but david isnt known for making junk--he will probably send you a nice wtc --as i think of it i also bought a wtc 3.5 from him and its a good one too.

my distraction chaos theory is probably right--i bet his computer has 33.7 million emails on it as we speak.

i am not a buddy of daves--i dont even know him, and i am not sticking up for him--but i dont think he is dishonest either.

hope it works out-i know how frustrating things like this can be.

take care
Best Regards,
Tim Morris
Tim Morris

Postby Tim Morris » Sun Jun 08, 2003 3:34 pm

please let us know how it turns out
Best Regards,
Tim Morris
Tim Morris

Postby Thomcmdchief » Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:33 pm

Well, I sent Dave $450.00 for a video and 3.5 WTC for my Custom Replica's Nautilus. Finally got the WTC but just water tested it and guess what :angry: it leaks fom the ballast tank, through the o-ring into the electronic's compartment. One of the pushrods fell out, another was so loose I'm sure that had the o-ring not leaked, the pushrod would have. Not to mention I still haven't received my video :angry: By the way, this was in 3 inches of water in the bathtub!

I've emailed Dave and called and left a message. I'll keep you posted, but this WTC is on its way back and I'm considering asking for my money back.

Thom
Thomcmdchief

Postby Thomcmdchief » Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:55 am

Just so everyone knows, Dve really stands behind his products. After finding out my 3.5 WTC leaked aroundthe o-ring between the ballast tank and electronics compartment, Dave was on the phone within hours making sure I knew a replacement WTC was on its way via priority mail.

That's service :D

Thom Lustik
Thomcmdchief

Return to General