Banner Ad 1

Subtech apc-adc?

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby RPM » Sat Jun 07, 2003 9:35 pm

I would very much like to hear your feedbck from users of these, I'm thinking of getting them for my boat.

Thanks,

Rick ???
RPM

Postby ameyer » Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:10 pm

Rick,

I believe that the collective experience of our organization is that both of the products you mentioned, made and sold by SubTech are very good. As in any remote transaction, go with a vendor that you trust.

If you have a choice, and need a level and depth controller for underwater operation, but want your boat to have a positive angle on the surface such as the Seehunde, (bow up), ask Skip for the devices that have the simple on-off function. I believe they are the same price.

Remember, if you are going to fly, you need a parachute. If you are going to dive, you need a SubSafe.

Have fun,

Art Meyer
ameyer

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Jun 10, 2003 11:46 am

I will second what Art said.

Most of us use SubTech electronics in our subs and they work as advertised - and well. As a vendor, SubTech's Skip Asay is as reputable a dealer as one can find.

If you have questions you can call him and he will help you with it. If there is a problem, he fixes it - many times when the issue is due to incorrect or misuse rather than product failure.

If you could search the old message board (a feature that will be returing at some point) you would find post upon post from guys who have had a positive experience dealing with SubTech.

Tim Smalley

:)
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby RPM » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:56 pm

Thanks guys for the reply, But I was looking for what the people who put it on their boat thought about its operations.

How sensitive did you find it to hold depth/attitude?

How well do you think the pressure transducer interperts & acts on small increments in depth change?

ETC.

I never had any doubt that it doesent do what is claimed from
the mfgr, but people look at things differently, and would like to hear someone who has one their inputs.

Thanks,

Rick
RPM

Postby WL Upshaw/Scale Shipyard » Wed Jun 11, 2003 1:05 am

I have been using Subtech electronics in my USS Olympia SSN-717
(No it is not a Thor) for several years now and I have found that the sensitivity is very high and the SubSafe has saved my investment a few times.

When I first installed the D&E WTC-3 with all SubTech electronics in my sub, I finished the boat 3 days before flying out for the Subregatta in Groton and I did not have the time to get her all trimmed out, well both Skip and Dave M. got the boat all set up and running for me, this is service well above and beyond the call, these are 2 guys that I would trust 100% with my $$$$.

Last Sept. at the Subregatta in SF Skip noticed that the sensitivity was a bit too much for my son driving the boat and went to adjust it for me ( I shocked him with the fact that the APC-3 was still sealed) Skip noticed that my unit was not up to date and offered to upgrade it for me at no cost, so I sent it to him and he did his magic and sent it back to me before I even missed it.

Skip designs and makes up his own products, he does not take credit for other people's work and he knows his stuff very well ,and stands behind it 100%. He doesn't just make these claims, he lives by them, and has a good long history.

:p
W.L. Upshaw
The Scale Shipyard
www.scaleshipyard.com
Largest Selection of quality fiberglass model warship & submarine hulls.
WL Upshaw/Scale Shipyard

Return to General