Banner Ad 1

Old message board won't work

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby Casey Thrower » Tue May 27, 2003 9:28 pm

With a wealth of information on the old message board, can someone tell me when it will be up and running again? All I get is the following:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Can't locate DBI.pm in @INC (@INC contains: C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .) at C:\websites\SubCommittee.com\cgi-bin\BBS\MessageBoardSearch.cgi line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\websites\SubCommittee.com\cgi-bin\BBS\MessageBoardSearch.cgi line 10.

:(
Casey Thrower SC Member #1675

"Oh Lord, Thy sea is so large and my boat is so small"
Casey Thrower

Postby JWLaRue » Tue May 27, 2003 9:46 pm

We're looking into the practicality of extracting the old messageboard...but almost certainly will not insert it into this new forum.

Part of what we are struggling with is just how important is it to make *all* of the old board content available.

No guarantees, but we are starting formal web site redesign work this weekend and the old board will be part of that discussion.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Casey Thrower » Wed May 28, 2003 6:35 pm

JWLaRue wrote:We're looking into the practicality of extracting the old messageboard...but almost certainly will not insert it into this new forum.

Part of what we are struggling with is just how important is it to make *all* of the old board content available.

No guarantees, but we are starting formal web site redesign work this weekend and the old board will be part of that discussion.

-Jeff

You can cut the infighting and general BS messages but keep the technical stuff and it would be of help to new and old alike. I for one don't want to see the old flame wars come back to life but the real good Q&A would be nice.
Casey Thrower SC Member #1675

"Oh Lord, Thy sea is so large and my boat is so small"
Casey Thrower

Postby JWLaRue » Wed May 28, 2003 9:59 pm

Agreed. However, I suspect that it would be easier to convert the entire database than to go through it 'manually' to figure out what should be kept.

We will be trying to figure something out.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Return to General