Banner Ad 1

RX battery - Querie

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby David H » Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:38 am

Dear all,

Can i run a Reciever off a 6v 1.3 am Sealed lead acid battery?

regards,

david H
"Baldrick ,you would'nt recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced on top a harpsichord singing "Subtle plans are here again!!" Blackadder.
David H

Postby Wheels » Sun Feb 23, 2003 7:07 pm

David...You can run your radio off of a 6 volt sealed lead acid battery. It will make the servos run faster and be a little stronger too. If this is the main battery for the model I would not recommend doing it because if the battery dies your radio dies too, and then you loose control. I have limped in with a low main battery, because my radio was fed off a secondary battery.

Jim
Jim Wheeler....."Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Wheels
SubCommittee Member

Postby David H » Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:42 am

Dear wheels,

Thanks for that advice. It would just save me alot of time if I could simply use a lead acid battery then I would'nt have to open up the WTC all the time. I could hook up the lead and the reciever would come to life.

So 6v won't fry the Reciever.

I have some stuff on the Deep down Aussie site you may want to look at. I have a Yuushio, Akula and an L.A

regards

David Hughes. :)
"Baldrick ,you would'nt recognise a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced on top a harpsichord singing "Subtle plans are here again!!" Blackadder.
David H

Return to General