Banner Ad 1

Mike Dory's XXI U-boat - Would like more info on the XXI

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby Terry Weber » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:43 pm

Hello, I tryed to E-mail Mike this: "Hi! My name is Terry. I've been a Subcommittee member for a year now. I saw your photos of your model XXI U-boat. It's very impressive! Does it have room for torpedoes for and aft? Did you scratch build it or get it as a kit? It you scratch built it, how? Where can I get a to-scale set of plans, do you know? Thanks,
Terry Weber
of Maryland" But it came back as an errer message.
Anyone know about Mike's 1/32 scale boat? How about Mike himself? Anyone know how to E-mail him?
Thanks
Terry Weber

Postby AntoineL » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:18 pm

I know only a few about this XXI.
The hull was made by 32nd parallel company . Mike did the rest....
~~~~ MOBILIS IN MOBILE ~~~~
AntoineL

Postby 77-1046156490 » Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:32 am

Terry -- Thank you, I have been working on it for several years now. Yes it has working torpedoes (6) in the bow, there are no torpedoes tubes in the stern of a Type 21 U-boat. It has 39 differnt working fuctions and is runs on a 16 channel radio. If your interested in all the info on the boat. check issue #37 (June of 99) of the Report, page 22. If your going to be at this years regatta in R.I. You will be able to see it for yourself assuming, I can get through my current treatments in curing this cancer, that I have. (It puts a real drain on your energy level) However, we're giving it our best. If I can help answer a few questions call me at (360) 921-0428 or my e-mail address is Miked@scal.net Best Wishes Mike
77-1046156490

Return to General