Banner Ad 1

U-boat XXI - Mike D.

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby Terry Weber » Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:04 pm

Hi! My name is Terry. I've been a Subcommittee member for a year now. I saw your photos of your model XXI U-boat. It's very impressive! Does it have room for torpedoes for and aft? Did you scratch build it or get it as a kit? It you scratch built it, how? Where can I get a to-scale set of plans, do you know? Thanks,
Terry Weber
of Maryland
Terry Weber

Postby AntoineL » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:30 pm

Hi Terry

What model are you talking about ?
I know few made by SC members, like Mike Dory's one (1/32) , Doug's 1/48 , and others from the RMSS (1/48 too) kit.
I made mine from a Schaffer hull (made in Germany) , 1/40, a very good hull with a very few mistakes. Interesting size and it gives a good idea of what will the Robbe one look like.

If you need more info dont hesitate to email me

Cheers from ......hum......sorry for that ......France ... LOL LOL :;): (trying to keep my sense of humour)

Antoine.
~~~~ MOBILIS IN MOBILE ~~~~
AntoineL

Postby Terry Weber » Fri Apr 25, 2003 2:38 pm

AntoineL wrote:Hi Terry

What model are you talking about ?
I know few made by SC members, like Mike Dory's one (1/32) , Doug's 1/48 , and others from the RMSS (1/48 too) kit.
I made mine from a Schaffer hull (made in Germany) , 1/40, a very good hull with a very few mistakes. Interesting size and it gives a good idea of what will the Robbe one look like.

If you need more info dont hesitate to email me

Cheers from ......hum......sorry for that ......France ... LOL LOL :;): (trying to keep my sense of humour)

Antoine.

I Think it is Mike Dory's 1/32 scale boat.
Terry Weber

Return to General