Banner Ad 1

Weather!

Place for general submarine conversation

Postby Bigdave » Tue Apr 15, 2003 8:32 am

Though not quite sub related, I woke up this morning to a paper that is saying 83 deg today. This may not be a big thing to alot of you. But here in the frozen north with the weather we have had this winter it is nothing short of a miracle. If the h2O in this part of the world was not still solid I would take out one of my subs. But as they are talking (SNOW) friday it may be awhile. I just hope all of you have as nice a day. Good luck on those sub projects. :cool:WoW! It's 1pm and realy 83deg. I still don't believe it.

Edited By Bigdave on 1050427033
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby 109-1045975219 » Tue Apr 15, 2003 5:01 pm

Glad to know it is warming up DOWN there too. Up here in Kenora, Ontario, Canada, all the lakes are still trying to become liquid. But it is getting up into the 80's here as well. Only place my sub has been so far this year is in the tub for testing. Hope everyone has a great running year.

Mike Godding
109-1045975219

Postby Desert Boat » Tue Apr 15, 2003 6:44 pm

Come on you guys ... we know you have some indoor pools up there. You're not going to get any tearful eyes from us here in desert country (we have indoor pools too). :cool:
Ray Agee
SCM #2551
Cactus Navy
Tempe, Arizona
Lord ... Shield us from the UltraSensitive!
Desert Boat

Postby ThierryC » Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:56 pm

Actually up here in Stratford, Ontario, Canada the pond is finally thawed and I had my first run of the season, exploring the depth of the new pond with my boat !
And thank God after 6 months of no use she worked as good as she looks :-)
There are 10 kind of people, those who undertand binary and those who don't !
Sub-Systems
ThierryC

Postby Larry Kuntz » Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:27 pm

Your right Dave, this sure is a nice break from the deep freeze we've been having. Went over to Crazy Ivan's to help clear the test tank (his wife thinks it's a swimming pool) of a 400# tree limb. That ice storm last week really messed up a lot of plans. I guess the worst of winter is over. :)
OK Crazy Ivan, I'll raise you :) :) and a couple of :laugh: :laugh:

Edited By Larry Kuntz on 1050503228
Larry Kuntz
SubRon8
ImageImage
Larry Kuntz
SubCommittee Member

Postby Crazy Ivan » Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:03 am

Not so fast, guys. It's dropping at least 40 degrees F today, with possible snow tonight. UGH! The Akula will be hunting for a polynya today. ??? :( :( :angry:

Edited By Crazy Ivan on 1050501879
George "Crazy Ivan" Protchenko

“There are the assassins, the dealers in death; I am the Avenger!”-Nemo
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request; means No!"-Capt.Barbossa
Crazy Ivan
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bob the Builder » Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:33 pm

Thought I'd update the weather to the west (Alberta). We were sailing smooth with all of the snow melted and temps in the mid fifties until a few days ago. The thermometer then hit freezing and we got three more inches of the white @()#$. This is mid-April for heaven's sake!

Thank God I'm moving to Victoria. Mid-winter weather in the fifties and no snow for a hundred miles :D

Oh, well... I guess I'm glad that the water's still frozen. Makes not having my Nautilus ready for water yet bearable.
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Return to General