Banner Ad 1

Hi All

Place for general submarine conversation

Hi All

Postby CaptainPugwash » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Hey guys,

Just joined and very excited as I just pulled the trigger on a new TT SB-1.

Got a great price and postage was very reasonable considering it's coming all the way to Australia from Scotland (Wonderland Models).

Anyway, my main interests are to learn more about how subs work, take lots of video and hopefully telemetry & FPV if thats at all possible ?

I mainly want a sub as a utility and video platform but will probably get the bug for a scale model down the track.

I don't even have a pool, but my bathtub will be used for the initial sea trials !

Having had lots of planes & a few helis, this should prove refreshingly different. I do own a Thunder Tiger Voyager (1m Yacht) so not completely new to boats.

Great forum by the way!

Cheers,

Captain Pugwash :mrgreen:
CaptainPugwash

Re: Hi All

Postby Scott T » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:31 pm

Welcome aboard Captain Pugwash,

The Thunder Tiger looks to be a cool sub. If it actually ships from Scotland it may have circumnavigated the world by the
time it gets to you. You should be able to find some Austrailian Sub Captains here about that might live close to your location.
Let us know how the new boat works and ask alot of question because subs are a very interesting subject.

Scott T
Scott T
SubCommittee Member

Re: Hi All

Postby CaptainPugwash » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:37 pm

Scott T wrote:Welcome aboard Captain Pugwash,

The Thunder Tiger looks to be a cool sub. If it actually ships from Scotland it may have circumnavigated the world by the
time it gets to you. You should be able to find some Austrailian Sub Captains here about that might live close to your location.
Let us know how the new boat works and ask alot of question because subs are a very interesting subject.

Scott T

Thanks for the warm welcome Scott.

Yes, the fact that it is coming all the way from Scotland is a bonus as a well travelled sub! I have a soft spot for the Scots too. :)

I will certainly be asking lots of questions and seeking out other Sub Captains in my area. Luckilly, there are lot's of nice fresh lakes to explore round here.

Cheers,

Paul. :D
CaptainPugwash

Return to General