Banner Ad 1

I-25 newspaper request

Place for general submarine conversation

I-25 newspaper request

Postby PaulC » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:22 pm

All, I got this through the website contact forms. If you have a model of the Japanese I-25 or a boat of the same class, contact Mr. John at finn.john@oregonstate.edu.

Hello

My name is Finn John and I produce a newspaper column every week devoted to little-known aspects of Oregon state history, which is published in a string of smaller papers around the state. This week I'm writing about the I-25, the Imperial Japanese Navy sub that shelled Battery Russell and launched the seaplane that bombed the forest outside Brookings in 1942.

What I'm hoping is that one of your members will have a model of the I-25 which he/she would be willing to send me a photo of. I will, of course, include the photographer's name and the Subcommittee.com Web site in the caption.

I would need it sometime before Monday afternoon in order to get it out to the newspapers on time. Sorry for the short notice -- I only just now thought of asking you this.

Thanks very much! I hope you can help -- all the art I have available for this story is black-and-white historical photographs.

--Finn
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Re: I-25 newspaper request

Postby Bob the Builder » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:26 am

That would be the Japanese "B" Class, if I'm not mistaken. I have a Scale Shipyards B Class, but she's unbuilt, so I doubt that it would help him. I will be modeling it as the I-26, the sub that shelled Estevan Point lighthouse in BC, an event that was basically the catalyst for Canada entering WW2.

I've got a few photos of the B Class boats, but not much. Would that help him?

Bob

Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Return to General