Banner Ad 1

Dremel 90 degree attachment

Place for general submarine conversation

Dremel 90 degree attachment

Postby greenman407 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:44 am

I have broken two of these. They break right where the cable attaches into the chuck. Instead of a cable they should use a shaft. It will not take full power for very long. I called Dremel to complain and theyve agreed to send me another one. Good customer service.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Re: Dremel 90 degree attachment

Postby greenman407 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:10 pm

To be fair , I am using a friction cutting disk of a diameter bigger that Dremel sells: 2" dia......If you use a smaller one and dont aggresively cut stainless shafts it should last a while.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby GreyAkula52 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:28 pm

There Is another.............
Andre S. Burgess, P.E.
GreyAkula52
SubCommittee Member

Postby greenman407 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:58 am

Is there a different attachment available? Dremel customer service only mentioned the one.
greenman407

Postby tabledancer » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:07 pm

Sounds to me like you are overpowering the machinery!Of course no self respecting sub builder would do that,rite!I bought one of them a few years ago but have only used it a few times,no problem!Of course I wasn`t trying to run a monster grinding wheel with it though.All kidding aside they do make a fine product and do stand behind it.I have used Dremel products for years and never had a problem that I didn`t create myself if you know what I mean!Be careful now,you know what happens when one of those cutter wheels breaks.

TD :wink:
Don`t forget,its going to be dark tonite.
tabledancer

Postby greenman407 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:05 pm

UH OH! I feel a story coming on! Back when I was much ypunger working as a full time welder I would use the bench grinder with the wire brush attachment on the left side. Well I noticed that the wires from the wire brush would come loose and stick themselves into my work clothes. That night when I got home, taking a shower and observing myself in the mirror I noticed a red spot on my face about an inch below my left eye. I picked at it with a fingernail and latched hold of it and pulled it out. It was about 3/8" long. It was one of those wires! I didnt feel a thing! Whats even more amazing is that I wasnt wearing any saftey glasses!!!...........Now days I am very good about wearing them........The End! :)
greenman407

Postby tabledancer » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:39 pm

I never had that happen but you name it and I`ve injured it.I`ve learned over the years usually the hard way that you can`t put a price on safe work practices and personal safety gear.I have the scars to prove it.Just be safe in whatever you do.I aways live by the rule,"If it looks like it will hurt you given half a chance it will"!!!!!!!!

TD :wink:
Don`t forget,its going to be dark tonite.
tabledancer

Postby greenman407 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:19 am

Good rule.
greenman407

Return to General