Banner Ad 1

Martin - former SC member from Malta

Place for general submarine conversation

Martin - former SC member from Malta

Postby TMSmalley » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:36 am

Some of you old timers might remember Martin Calleja from the island of Malta. He was an SC member for a number of years. He and his some Luke built a nice RC Trafalgar and rigged it to run in the salt water of the harbor in their home town of St. John's.

Luke always had a little trouble in school but loved submarines and was good with tools - You might also remember the picture I had in the SCR of Luke building a rubber powered model of the CSS Hunley he built when he was around ten years old.

Anyway, in 08 Martin was severely injured in a motorcycle crash, losing his right arm and severely damaging his right leg. He hasn't been able to run his auto repair shop since then and things got a little tough.

Check out this 3 minute video of what Luke built for his Dad... not a sub but pretty danged awesome I'd say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKmiSf_I ... re=related
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Re: Martin - former SC member from Malta

Postby greenman407 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:51 pm

That was really nice! The son was able to help the father build a new arm with neck controls. Im sure it helped bring the two closer together.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Return to General