Banner Ad 1

Submarine Works 1/96 Ohio

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

Re: Submarine Works 1/96 Ohio

Postby AirTimmo » Tue May 24, 2011 12:34 am

Hi Kevin

Pete told me that you were a good guy to talk to about the driver and ballast tank for this project.

I'm starting on an Ohio from sub works and am looking for a system for it.

Would i need one big flood tank, a battery compartment and a drive system module?

Is there any chance I can use brushless motor and lipo batteries? Im more used to them with all my RC planes..

I also have a good charger for Lipo's.

i realize the reverse function is not there for most brushless controllers but is available on some. The efficiency is a lot higher

than brushed so it seems like if i got a 400 size in-runner it would produce less heat and less interference.I would still use the gearbox, and maybe the motor would simply bolt on to that. thinking of a higher wind with more low end torque.

I saw your hatches and they look great, but I'm a little worried about doing them becuase I don't have a plan for making them run smoothly...I may get some just to open manually for display..keeping them down with magnets while running.

Have you tried scratch building any missiles for this? it seems like a nice addition for display..i am hoping to make some..i dont think it would be particularly hard to do..

Im not in any rush to complete this one..i dont mind if it takes a year..Ive been reading up on airbrushing ideas and looking at Dave M's ideas from when he finished the Copeland...

Tim
AirTimmo

Re: Submarine Works 1/96 Ohio

Postby Rogue Sub » Wed May 25, 2011 8:48 pm

Tim

It would be best if you just dropped me an email. Kevin@roguesubworks.com
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Previous

Return to Builder Threads