Banner Ad 1

Robbe Type XXI Modified to Static Dive

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

Postby aquadeep » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:18 pm

Hello g2tiger

Try this link it goes directly to the Tecknicks gear ect. parts section,browse and sellect parts that you think will do the job you need to do and once you have registered with them you will be able to buy from all over the world any parts seen in there extensive catalog.
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.as ... &catType=P
You can go to the catalog tab and select Technik axsels for instance and just select what you need ,it is all stored on your basket and even the lowest price can be filtered from this very good site.

I know its a bit overwhelming at first but once you get used to the specific way in which it works you will see just how easy it is to get your parts at great prices.

Try to order from US sellers to save on shipping as it comes by US priority mail,but I have ordered from Europe for more unusual parts and was very reasonable.

Have fun checking it out and have an idea of what you need to build that way its easier to get what you need.
Also dont hesitate to order more than necessart I have found that to be very usefull as ideas can evolve or parts needed for other operations.
Be sure to order some of these plates they come in varios sizes to suit your needs of prototyping and mounting the parts on the sub there strong and very important as are the bisks and beams especialy the ones with holes in them or Tecknick bricks. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=3030a
Dave Amur Ship Yard :D 8)
"I like submarine comanders ,they don't have time for bull!!" and
"Don't tell me it can't be done!"

President Roosevelt

Dave Amur Ship Yard
aquadeep

Postby aquadeep » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Here is a diagram of the ballast system I use on this sub as well as the U-32 and am very hapy with it.
Two one way valves a solinoid valve and one gear pump that run in the wet.
Baffles in the 3 by 7 inch tank keep sloshing in control and the sub dives to a perfect hover no mater how light or heavy the water is ,by that I mean the oxegen content will affect the bouyancy of the sub ,with this system just add or subtract water from the ballast tank,no weights to carry around and hastily re balance the sub at a meet that one is not used to.

Dave Amur Ship Yard
Last edited by aquadeep on Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

President Roosevelt

Dave Amur Ship Yard
aquadeep

Postby aquadeep » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:03 pm

Hello again

Just finished the paint and will be taking her out later on in the afternoon.
The gray is slate gray gloss and the white is actualy a light gray custom mixed at the autopaint shop and the paint is far superior than hobby or regular paints and any color you like in any amount made in minutes!
I will be weathering her with my own method using real rust and water then sealed in with a special flexable latex enamel that works extreamly well in water and handling ect. made by CEM.

I still have to do the rigging and later will change out the decks for brass ones and then add the cleats ect.

Dave Amur Ship Yard :D :D

President Roosevelt

Dave Amur Ship Yard
aquadeep

Postby aquadeep » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:21 pm

Just returned from another very sucessfull run of about 2 hours and I am amazed at how controlable and predictable this sub handles.Also how she can turn in an emergency or the sharpest she will go.

with the radio programed to advance or retard the left or right screws acording to the direction of the rudder realy helps her swing that tail over.
And she turns on her center axis well enough to not need a bow thruster.
Also I dont feel that a leveler would be needed as this sub holds her depth to precition and a periscope run is no problem!

Just a bit more lead in the tail is neede and she will level out even better and about an ounce more lead amid ships so that she dives a bit faster in the oxiginated lake since my test tank has no oxigen in it.

The guns move and the scopes run up and down along with the very cool running dive plane extract retract sysytem.

Dave Amur Ship Yard :D

President Roosevelt

Dave Amur Ship Yard
aquadeep

Postby Scott T » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:41 am

Looks great.
What type radio and reciever are you using in this boat?

-Scott
Scott T
SubCommittee Member

Postby aquadeep » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Hello Scot

Thank you I have been useing a Futaba 9CAP 32 ch robotic radio ,all computerized and a blast to use ,such a versatile radio on 75mgz.

The dual screws are controled individualy by the corner variable levers and have been programed as above ,no need to touch the 2 when turning its done automaticly except when stopping/reverse or static turn on axis.
Just set your speed and forget it!
A realy nice feature I figured out.

President Roosevelt

Dave Amur Ship Yard
aquadeep

Postby aquadeep » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:40 pm

This sub has been a blast to build and modify to dive as the real thing and am wondering why Robbe has not changed this kit.

For less than 40.00$ this kit was changed imensly to dive staticly and hover to perfection,rise slowly and scalelike with no fancy electronics or components ,all parts are off the local pluming store or Ebay motors,pump for instance.
She will cruise at periscope depth for as long as you like and with a slight down plane slowly dive under the sea.
This sub has incredible grace to her movements and will be later weathered with rust.So far she has taken about a month and a half to build not bad!

I highly recomend this sub as even a first kit for someone that wants a large impressive sub loaded with detail and made to dive as I have is a must do mod.
Let me know if you would like one, Ill be happy to build to your specks.
Ill be posting the vedeos of the variuse funtions today.

President Roosevelt

Dave Amur Ship Yard
aquadeep

Postby aquadeep » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:12 am

Re supplying at the dock,for alfa tests.

President Roosevelt

Dave Amur Ship Yard
aquadeep

Postby aquadeep » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:41 pm

The finished model ,just weathered

President Roosevelt

Dave Amur Ship Yard
aquadeep