Banner Ad 1

Rick Teskey seaview build

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

Postby greenman407 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:28 pm

Thanks for watching Junglelord. Much more to come.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Well I recently got up enough nerve and set out to the lake(at Night!!!) with the Seaview in tow. It wasnt pitch black out but it was night enough for me.The normally clear water was still clear , just inky black because of the evening. I had visions of the Seaview disappearing forever beneath the waves , never to be seen again! But when the going gets tuff, the tuff get going as they say. Because of the lighting systems that I had installed in the boat I was excited because of the expectedly different experience of driving a sub at night. It did not disappoint! With the single forward high beam headlight running as well as the light illuminated eight forward windows,(3) sail marker lamps and the (2) fin lights in the rear it was quite a light show!
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:33 pm

I never went below Two feet as I dont know how deep this pond is and where its deep and where its shallow. Unfortunately I dont own a camera that can take video at night. It could never do justice to it anyway as to experience this you would just have to be there. Awesome is the word! I plan to do it often. Seeing the Seaview navigating and lighting up its own way as it goes was quite thrilling to say the least!!! The best view of course is when the boat is coming at you. I had recently posted that my intentions were to install working sail planes. However the more I run this thing the more I feel that they are unnecessary and would only add further complications. So for now I would say that she is pretty much completed. Any Regrets? Stay tuned.
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:45 pm

No regrets at all. It has been a tremendous boat to learn with. What with its decent size(I think that the Moebius Seaview is way too small) and robust construction and great styling I cant believe that they arnt selling like hotcakes. It must be the popularity of the recent move to take plastic kits and R.C. them for less money. Also I think that fantasy subs dont have the popularity as actual historic model subs. So its on to other projects such as the Scaleships Oscar and retrofitting the Albacore with the dual props. And we cant forget about my Shameless fascination with Fast gas , nitro and electric Targets(no scale stuff for me). I will continue to post to this thread when I come up with some more cool stuff. Cheers!
greenman407

Postby junglelord » Mon May 25, 2009 2:14 pm

Bigger is better and badder.
I hope to met Rick in Ottawa, if he takes the trip down from Toronto.
Either way, I will one day own a Debor or Teskey.
8)

Cheers on the accomplisments, the nighttime runs sound very cool.
I take no offense to my Moebius.
:lol:
junglelord

Postby greenman407 » Mon May 25, 2009 2:31 pm

Im sorry, I was speaking from a personal opinion point of view only. It has been my experience that the smaller the boat or sub the less scale like it operates. However anything over say 70" would be way too big for transport or for one man to handle. Not to mention more expensive.
greenman407

Postby junglelord » Mon May 25, 2009 7:00 pm

Nothing to be sorry about I have the same personall opinion.
:D
junglelord

Postby greenman407 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:59 pm

I am happy to hear that Rick Teskey is making a new eight window version front end for the Moebius Seaview. It appears to my eyeballs that the Moebius Seaview is too short. Compared to the Seaview that Rick Teskey makes which is 52" long and looks long and sleek, the Moebius looks stubby. Perhaps Rick, when making his new front ends, he can add a bit of length to it to improve on it. Just a thought. :)
greenman407

Postby junglelord » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:39 am

A link to the thread of Ricks Seaview conversion.
http://s181686668.onlinehome.us/phpBB2/ ... hp5?t=9267
junglelord

Postby greenman407 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:59 am

Very nice indeed. You gonna get one Junglelord? :?: :)
greenman407

Re: Rick Teskey seaview build

Postby greenman407 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:17 pm

The best place You could possibly run a sub in florida that I know of is Devils Den. But thats only when the water is clear and that doesnt happen very often. With all the tunnels and underwater obstacles its quite a place. Because it is a naturally fed body of water that is a large pool ,it builds algae readily. The good news is that this year it is looking more like one of those years where mother nature with her unusual weather patterns is going to kill all the algae and give us some nice clean water to run in. If thats the case then next month it will be off to Devils Den with the Mighty Seaview and the Albacore in tow for some good video with Al Nuci and Dave Santivanez and anybody else who wants to come. Stay Tuned!!! :D :) :lol:
greenman407

Postby Al Nuci » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:27 am

Mark, ( Greeman407) here's a short video of your Seaview as it makes its conquest to navigate " The Devils Den" on March 3rd, 2010. Very nice. http://vimeo.com/9992003
Al Nuci

Postby greenman407 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks Al! You take very good videos. Here are two more that you took with my camera.

http://www.vimeo.com/10060990
http://www.vimeo.com/10060686
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm21 ... car116.flv
greenman407

Postby junglelord » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:31 pm

WOW, nice videos. She is a mean beast, runs very level. Looks excellent, I love it. Thanks so much.
Cheers
junglelord

Postby greenman407 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:15 am

Thanks Junglelord. Here are a few pictures to boot.

greenman407

PreviousNext

Return to Builder Threads