Banner Ad 1

Seaview

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

Seaview

Postby spongjim » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:33 pm

I will be starting a Seaview build in the next couple days and if there is any interest I will post the build as I go. I have the Rick Teskey Seaview hull and the D&E observation deck,conning tower,and control surfaces layed out on the build table and waiting on me. I would like to thank Rick and David for the wonderful quality parts for this build.I have a few little things to finish on the Gato and then I will start the build. I will post some pictures of the parts and the hull tomorrow night .

Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby Boss subfixer » Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:27 am

Jim,
I for one would love to see this build.
Don
Don Evans
SCM# 2733

Put your heart into it, well done is better than well said... Ben Franklin
Boss subfixer

Postby PaulC » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:46 am

Would love to follow along, Jim. Please post!
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby Pirate » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:40 pm

Please post Jim. It's just great to see guys building. And it's encouraging for others. Gets the fire burnin' to build.

While you're at it, keep track of all your documentation, then submit it all for a SubCommittee Report article—to me. Let us see all your successes, and failures, in the hopes that it will save someone else some trouble later on in their own build.

Go for it!

It was good to see you at the SubRegatta again this year. If I didn't have my head burried in my own boat trying to get it running, or taking pictures for material for the SubCommittee Report, I would have come over to talk with you more. But thanks for the trade, and hope to see you again next year.

Pete Piekarski
HOLD FAST
Pirate
SubCommittee Member

Postby spongjim » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:53 pm

Pictures of the hull and parts.
Light setup that will be used in both Seaviews.

I have started the hull and will post some more pictures tomorrow night.

Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby spongjim » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:55 pm

Dont know what happened with the picture but here it is again.
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveUK » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:40 pm

I think she is going to look spectacular under water at night! I had my Nautilus running lights on at a few night time regattas, and during the winter months when the afternoons close in early. There's something just captivating about seeing a lighted sub moving underwater.
I hope you will be able to take some night time film of her to share with us when she's finished.
"...Eeeexcellent..."
SteveUK

Postby spongjim » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:56 pm

Havent had much time to work on seaview,but did get to join the hull and nose . I will be camping this weekend so all play and no work for me. I will get some pictures and video though.

Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby spongjim » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:05 pm

I have been sick all this week with a stomach virus and havent been able to work on the Seaview. I got to the shop today and got a little done . Here are some pictures.
I hope to get more done tomorrow .

Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Viewing Problems

Postby clive » Sat Sep 08, 2007 12:36 pm

I h ave been following this thread because it is fascinating but I have a problem, but only with this thread, which is that the text on the right hand side is off the edge of the page and there's no scroll bar even to look at it all. No other thread in the Builders Thread has this problem so please help

Clive
Clive An active pensioner living in Wiltshire, England
clive

Postby STARK » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:54 pm

Clive, I have had this problem before myself, one thing I did was to close all other open programs open, like favorites,
and scroll All the way down to the Bottom of this Page.
At the bottom you should find a scroll bar for side to side reading.

Great work Jim!!

Brian
What one Man can do, You can do too!

http://forum.model-marina.com/
STARK

Postby Sub culture » Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:52 pm

Copy and paste this link into your browser-

http://s181686668.onlinehome.us/phpBB2/index.php5

You should find that this gives you a fullsize forum page.

Bookmark it and use it as a shortcut for the forum.

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Lobo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:07 pm

Nice photos...how do you post like that?
When I post photos they are smaller with a black "click here for full size" band below the photo.
I do not see an option to change it!

I like those LED's under the wings. That will be awesome in shallow water at dusk!

Very Nice!
Lobo

Postby spongjim » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:51 pm

We have all watched the Seaview crash into the bottom of the ocean nose first in the movies. Well I will have to admit the nose is stronger than it looks. I built all my work benchs in my shop and they were built so that I wouldnt have to stay bent over a work area when working. Ok all that being said ,now for the lesson of the day. The hull of the Seaview is round and will roll when you leave it on the bench unattended. Yes nose first from the work bench to the floor (crash) . I was affraid to pick it up but it only chipped the primer on the tip of the nose. Lesson learnt lets move on.
The hull on the stand is for now seaview 1 and the other is 2
Seaview one has the bottom painted in a texture finish white and will be getting lights soon . Seaview 2 is the one that fell from the bench, after a little touch up I installed the flying sub door to one side, and yes the door will slide open and closed manually.

Doors on 2 do make for a problem with lights but I have something in mind. Now I have to put the rear fins on 2 , I have been putting that off and I am not looking foward to it. I will have to say it is nice to have two going at the same time , you prime one and while its drying you can go to the other . More later I am calling it a day.

Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveUK » Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:18 am

Nice progress Jim.

You lucky guy, TWO Seaviews!

Errm, shouldn't Seaview 2 have the four bow windows and sonar blisters, strictly speaking :?:
"...Eeeexcellent..."
SteveUK

Next

Return to Builder Threads