Banner Ad 1

10 fOOTER UP DATE

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

10 fOOTER UP DATE

Postby tomwittstock » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:49 pm

The first phase of restoration is complete. The hull has been restored with primer. I worked on this all last summer in the garage. :D enjoy!
tomwittstock

Re: 10 fOOTER UP DATE

Postby PaulC » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:44 pm

Very nice. Please keep posting!
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby Thor » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:16 pm

Tom,

This is a fantastic project! Could I talk you into writing something up for the SCR???

Keep up the great work!

Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:31 pm

Matt, you beat me to it! I think this can make a very interesting article. Nothing like the the world's largest r/c Type VII! :D

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveNeill » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:29 am

And to think this was almost put in the garbage many years ago. Just around the corner from where I live. My friend Dave that runs the local hobby shop I frequent got a call from this lady wanting it out of her garage after the man who built it passed away. Very little is known about him or if the boat was built for a film.

Some where I have pictures of this boat in my pool. Maybe someone can find them s I posted them here long ago.

She looks great! Glad to see here coming back to life. Look like you have a deck on her.

All the best,

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby Casey Thrower » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:17 pm

SteveNeill wrote:And to think this was almost put in the garbage many years ago. Just around the corner from where I live. My friend Dave that runs the local hobby shop I frequent got a call from this lady wanting it out of her garage after the man who built it passed away. Very little is known about him or if the boat was built for a film.

Some where I have pictures of this boat in my pool. Maybe someone can find them s I posted them here long ago.

She looks great! Glad to see here coming back to life. Look like you have a deck on her.

All the best,

Steve

Anything on the inside? Very cool although you'll need a trailer.
Casey Thrower SC Member #1675

"Oh Lord, Thy sea is so large and my boat is so small"
Casey Thrower

Postby tomwittstock » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:02 am

A new water pump is being installed along with three new water tight compartments. The old pump was bad and needed replacing. A new "on off shut off value" is also benig install and also needs to be enclosed. The plumping is almost done. A bench test was performed and both ballast tanks filled and also emptied on command ...all went well....

Tom :D
tomwittstock

Return to Builder Threads