Banner Ad 1

painting and scribe marks on your hulls?

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

painting and scribe marks on your hulls?

Postby Jeffrey J » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:23 pm

hey guys,
After you scribe your marks in your hulls , is there anything you do to keep them showing after you paint it. I had painted my hull first, then scribed it. Basically what I have is a black hull with almost white looking panel lines on it. I was wondering if any more coats of paint would fill it in and hide the marks, thanks Jeff Jones
one things for sure, they won't be expecting us......... S/C#258
Jeffrey J

Re: painting and scribe marks on your hulls?

Postby Bill Rogers » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:38 pm

Try scribing your hull after you have given it a few coats of grey primer. If you make a mistake in scribing, fix it and give the repair another coat of primer. When you are satisfied with your scribing, wet sand and clean out the scribing carefully using the scriber, a toothpick or a toothbrush. Then do your finish painting.
Bill Rogers

Re: painting and scribe marks on your hulls?

Postby Jeffrey J » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:28 pm

thanks Bill, I have a cool looking non-scale look going right now with the panel, scribe lines. They are all the primer color but looks cool. I just didn't want to paint over them and cover up everything. I am painting the hull in sections, I got all the numbers on, and clear coat over them, and have all the scribe work done. All the holes in the bottom are cut out as well. Maybe not perfect but good enough for me. Hope to see some of you guys in Carmel. thanks again Jeff Jones
one things for sure, they won't be expecting us......... S/C#258
Jeffrey J

Return to Builder Threads