Banner Ad 1

UFO SKYDIVER

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

Re: UFO SKYDIVER

Postby Collins Class » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi Mark and folks

Finally got the time to open and review the kit Mamas sent me over the weekend. Had Mike Shubar from Mikes Subworks over for a visit and we discussed the build in depth. Will post pics of the kit if anyone is interested. Needs a lot of work as some of the molds appear to have been a bit worn so the body filler will need to be used in anger. Looking at possibly gaining access to the WTC from below rather than the upper deck given your experience with the upper deck flexing.

We even talked the possibility of having forward and after ballast tanks to tilt the sub like the show version. Maybe cast some vacuform versions of Sky 1 from the master resin positive once tidied up and built so we can use a couple of Estes rockets to launch a plastic version we don't care too much about into the wild blue yonder. Given the weight of the resin a vacuform version is more likely to actually fly :lol:

Anyway, must admit it is a daunting and time consuming task ahead.

Mark, you have the UFO Technical Manual don't you? I was looking at the great views and colouring they showed in that.

Cheers
Byron
Byron

Thunder Tiger Neptune with video
Many works in progress, including me ;)
Collins Class
SubCommittee Member

Postby greenman407 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:42 am

Mike Shubar will be a great asset in the building of this Sub. Yes I do have the technical manuals from Amazon. Ive lately been working on the Oscar but will get back on her soon. All the best and please keep us posted.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby Collins Class » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:57 pm

One of my friends posted me this link with great photos from one of the original modelmakers:

http://www.martinbowersmodelworld.co.uk/skydiver1.html

This looks *very* like Mamas kits and molds to me???

Byron
Byron

Collins Class
SubCommittee Member

Postby greenman407 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:15 am

Great site Byron, Thanks
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby Collins Class » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:35 pm

Mark, any new work?
Byron

Collins Class
SubCommittee Member

Postby greenman407 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:00 am

Sorry Byron, nothing new. Been working on the Oscar lately, which reminds me that I need to update my builders thread post on it. Besides all the honey doos that I have , I have two other sub projects besides the Skydiver that I have been working on. How about you? Itll happen. :)
greenman407

Postby veeraley » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:46 am

What is the deal with all this current ufo stuff in Ireland? People are constantly saying they saw a ufo. There is no evidence to support these claims. There are no aliens or ufos. All we have are these ridiculous accounts of what people "saw" and more often than not, it happens to be only one person who saw the ALLEGED ufo. Either there is nothing there or there is a logical explanation.
Last edited by veeraley on Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
veeraley

Postby greenman407 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:54 am

There is supposed to be a remake of UFO coming out this year. Maybe they should watch it to satisfy there need for it. :D
greenman407

Previous

Return to Builder Threads