Banner Ad 1

1/72 Revell Gato Build

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

1/72 Revell Gato Build

Postby eckloss » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:33 pm

I've begun a build of the 1/72 Revell Gato.

The link to the photos and descriptions can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2086208&id=1369236126&l=d07efb2c90

It's being posted on my Facebook account. You have to forgive the "dumbed down" nature of some of the descriptions. I have a few friends that follow my projects that know next to nothing about this hobby, so I tend to over-explain things that we all understand, but that they normally wouldn't.

Please feel free to post your comments/criticisms/suggestions here, or if you are a member of Facebook, you can post them there as well.

Erich von Kloss
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Re: 1/72 Revell Gato Build

Postby greenman407 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:33 am

My wife spends hours on Facebook, I think she has 3000 "friends" :roll: Looks good so far. I will make it a point to keep up with your build. :)
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Re: 1/72 Revell Gato Build

Postby salmon » Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:08 am

I know this is an older post! but I am about to join the ranks with starting my Revell Gato 1/72 and I have some questions.
I like the way Erich opened the top of this..... How did this finish? Did it work as planned? I do not see anything on the end product. Or should I just bite the bullet and cut at the water line?
Any help offered is help appreciated!
Peace,
Tom
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Return to Builder Threads