Banner Ad 1

Jan Meeting

SubRon for the Southwestern United States

Jan Meeting

Postby Mkeatingss » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:45 am

Well, it's that time again, guys (next Saturday, Jan 12). But where? Ray Agee is trying to get a handle on where we want to meet. Put in your two cents worth. If you can't get hold of Ray, I'm, almost, always home. And I have the time to keep trying to get Ray.
I won't be able to make this meeting, but I'll sure be there for Feb.
Also, if you'd like to change the time of the meeting, this is the time to speak up.
Check back here on Friday, we should have a place and time, by then.

Mike K.
I don't suffer from ulcers, I'm a carrier.
Mkeatingss

Postby aeroengineer1 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:28 pm

OK guys, I have been absent for a few months, but the wait has been worth it. I have a house that all can meet at. It has a pool and is big enough to have the whole crew over and have some fun. The only down side is that it is in Mesa. We (my wife and I) are ok to have it here if it desired to do so.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Postby aeroengineer1 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:18 pm

bump
aeroengineer1

Postby Warpatroller » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:40 pm

Hi Adam,

I've been absent for a long time.

Guess, I've thought it was somewhat pointless to join you guys without having an actual running sub model. It is not a matter of being cheap, it is a matter of just not having the money to spend on things that are NOT necessities for the past year now. It sucks, but that is just he way it is. Unfortunately, my interest in RC subs came at a bad time. Five years ago things would have been very different.

Anyway, I do have a Walmart Gator, that at least runs, so it is at least something. I could bring that to run in your pool, if you end up holding the meeting at your house that is. It would be interesting to see a "real" RC sub run in person though, as I never have..

Steve
Warpatroller
SubCommittee Member

January Meeting

Postby Desert Boat » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:09 am

:D Whenever or where, I won't be able to make it this month. I have a breakfast meeting at the Mayor's home on Saturday followed by another in the afternoon (meeting). Next Saturday I have our annual County Party meeting next Saturday followed by the State Meeting, I'm a delegate, the following Saturday. In case you forgot (or didn't know) I'm a fairly high muckey muck in the Republican Party here in Arizona. So ... this is the first meeting I'VE missed, so don't plan any keel haulings for me. See you next month. :lol:
Ray Agee
SCM #2551
Cactus Navy
Tempe, Arizona
Lord ... Shield us from the UltraSensitive!
Desert Boat

Postby stevel14 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:59 am

So, have we decided on a location yet? I'm game for just about anywhere, but I would prefer to not be the only person showing up like last month at the park (and in the rain at that).

TC,
Steve L
stevel14
SubCommittee Member

Postby aeroengineer1 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:03 pm

743 N Balboa, Mesa, AZ 85205. I will provide the hot chocolate, byo coffee. It is still a bit of a mess, but it will work, and bring any boats that you want to get wet.

Adam
aeroengineer1

It is official, we have a new meeting place

Postby aeroengineer1 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:13 pm

Our new meeting place is at my house in the above listed address. Steve showed up with his little tug, and we had a great time with it in the pool. By next month we should have a workshop in place that is about 12'X20'. We will have a place to meet, build and eat. Not only that, we can go and test it out in the pool.

Adam
aeroengineer1

Return to SubRonSW - The Cactus Navy