Banner Ad 1

Any ideas about re-establishing the SubChat? - just wondering

Have an idea for the web site?

Postby Captain Nemo12 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 6:27 pm

Hi Guys,

I personally love chats because it's a nice way of getting to know modelersand their profect. I can't remember the last time I went to the chat but I remember when I did, it kind of "froze"........ I am currently not a SubCom member since I'm moving to another city in June. For all thoses who are, is the chat moved to the members only area? Just wanted to know :)
280 meters.... and she's still in one piece!
-Jurgen Prochnow, Das Boot.

http://eisernwolf.blog.com
Captain Nemo12

Postby JWLaRue » Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:35 pm

When we moved to our new web site, we 'lost' the chat capability. This was more-or-less on purpose. As part of the process of deciding what functionallity the new web site would have, 'chat' was just barely on the collective radar (sonar?) screen.

This is not to say that a chat capability can never be added. If there are enough SubCommittee members that want one, it will get added.

Please pardon me for saying....but not being a member because you are moving in a couple of months sounds like an odd excuse. Updating the membership database with a new address takes only an e-mail from you to our membership chair at membership@subcommittee.com. And if it happens that an issue does wind up in the wrong place, we replace them at no cost to you.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bob the Builder » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:02 pm

I'd like to put a vote in for a dedicated SubCommittee chat service. I think that I've seen several series of software that would work great for this.

I know a lot of people head off-site for chats on other sub-related websites. Why should this be the case? www.subcommittee.com should be the world's premier site for sub-related issues, and forcing people to go elsewhere for their info is counter-productive.
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby Captain Nemo12 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:34 pm

Really! :p Changing my adress is just one e-mail away! :;):
I will join somewhere maybe in the next few weeks. Just have to get somethings done in the meantime. :D
280 meters.... and she's still in one piece!
-Jurgen Prochnow, Das Boot.

http://eisernwolf.blog.com
Captain Nemo12

Postby Wadester13 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:00 pm

I think a chat would be great. It would probably help me out now. And after I get a little more experience I could help someone else out down the road. Just a thought... How about the SubCommittee make a private chat room in Yahoo??? It is free and it could be a members thing.
Wadester13

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:12 pm

We are looking into a SC chatroom, hopefully to be hosted here on our own web site.

For better or worse, I appear to be the 'bottleneck' in getting this moving forward. :p Once I finish the June SCR later this week (my last issue! Who will be the next editor?), I will have a few cycles to drive this one to a 'yes' or 'no' conclusion.

Please bear with us a little longer!

-many thanks,

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wadester13 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:01 pm

I know what you are doing.... you are building anticipation right??? Just playing. Each person, if entered, has a msn or yahoo icon that people can click for the time being until a chat room is made. Just a note. I would love to be an editor but I don't think I would be very good.
Wadester13

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:45 pm

I wish I was just building anticipation.......

Unfortunately, the problem is all too real.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Tom Spettel » Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:45 pm

Jeff... so i guess there is no takers for editors yeat?
Tom
A list and a plunge and down she goes to Davy Jones.
Raiders of the Deep
Tom Spettel

Postby JWLaRue » Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:49 pm

Hi Tom,

That is unfortunately correct. We'll be making our request (plea?) in the June issue of the SCR since there are a good number of members who do not visit the web site.

Also to be included will be a short questionnaire/survey that is meant to solicit member response on our possible options. (e.g. raising the dues, changing the publication frequency, etc.) I'm hoping that we'll get some clear guidance that we can use as part of the decision-making process of what to do next.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wadester13 » Mon May 03, 2004 8:10 pm

If and when we get sub chat are we to log on and hope someone is on or will there be certian times, I guess you can say rush hour, when the best time, a schedule, to be on is?
By the way, is there any way we can get more smilies to use?
Wadester13

Return to Request a Feature