Banner Ad 1

Blacklist

Have an idea for the web site?

Postby KOEZE » Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:36 am

Having read the various discussions between a (very childish) Carter and some other forum members (with which I fully concur) I was wondering if there are any possiblities, other than just not reading them to make the posts of certain people disappear.
We are all persueing the same wonderfull hobby. None of us (or at the very least almost non of us) get paid for it. If one person tries to vent his frustration in a manner as displayed here I think that this person is being either very stupid or has lost all tough with reality.
As a webmaster for another club I know how much work is put into getting a website that the members want. I know all of that costs a lot of effort and to have one geek that vents this kind of unfunded crap makes me want to blacklist this dude so that I cannot accidentily help this guy when he decides to use this forum for what it was meant for (sharing of information and experiences.

Just my 2 cents worth.

EJK
You don't stop playing because you get older,
you get older because you stop playing.
KOEZE

Postby JWLaRue » Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:25 pm

The forum software that we're using does have the ability to apply restrictions. Starting with the need for a person to register with a valid e-mail address.

There are also forum controls that allow a person to be 'banned' based on such things as e-mail address or IP addresses.

The last time we had to deal with banning someone was with the old forum when someone in Russia was spamming the site.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:52 am

I should think that physical threats would be one of the valid reasons for banishment.
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby USS Silversides » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:12 pm

I agree.

Edited By USS Silversides on 1069697562
USS Silversides

Postby Feet Wet » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:38 pm

I'm wondering if our executive committee, do we have one, could establish parametersby which someone would be banned from this site. If such a committee is not established yet, then I'd be happy to volunteer to serve on one.
Physical threats have no place in this organization.
Jonathan Eno
Feet Wet
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wheels » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:12 pm

Jonathan......Yes we do have an Executive Committee. Its members are the Elected Officers with the addition of a Membership Chairman and Editor. The latter two positions sit on the Executive Committee at the discretion of the elected officers. Here are the names of the Executive Committee: Jim Wheeler - President, Jeff LaRue - Vice President/Secretary, Bill Vanderslice - Treasurer, Jim Butt - Membership Chairman, and Jeff LaRue - Managing Editor. If you look you will see these titles as moderators with the addition of Webmaster. Since this is new ground, we need to create 'rules of banishment'. Like most new rules/laws they are seldom retroactive. When we have then created we will communicate them to the membership.

Respectfully,
Jim Wheeler
Jim Wheeler....."Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Wheels
SubCommittee Member

Return to Request a Feature