Banner Ad 1

Firefighters put out fire on board tourist sub

This is the place to read all about submarines in the real world!

Firefighters put out fire on board tourist sub

Postby U-5075 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:15 pm

http://www.kpua.net/news.php?id=17256

Firefighters put out fire on board tourist sub
By Associated Press

HONOLULU (AP) — A fire on board an Atlantic tourist submarine on Oahu has been extinguished.

The fire was reported at around 6 a.m. Monday when maintenance crew members saw smoke coming from the submarine at Pier 40 off Nimitz Highway.

Fire Capt. Earle Kealoha says firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to locate the fire near an electrical panel on board the submarine.

City paramedics examined an Atlantis employee complaining of throat irritation at the scene. The paramedics didn't take the employee to a hospital.

The submarine seats 64 people and is the largest tourist submarine in Hawaii.

Atlantis maintenance director Jon Chapman suspects the fire was caused by an electrical system failure.
U-5075
Registered User
 
Posts: 1134
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2003 9:45 am

Return to Subs in the News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot]