Banner Ad 1

japanese discover intruding sub - sub remains unidentified

This is the place to read all about submarines in the real world!

Postby raalst » Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:45 pm

Off a local dutch news site :

japanese navy discovered an unidentified sub in it's
waters.

It was chased by plane and destroyer, but identification
did not succeed.

incident took place 1600 kilometers southwest of tokio.
Japan and china have a territorial dispute about that area.
Regards,

Ronald van Aalst

--------------------------------------------
Just here to Learn
raalst
SubCommittee Member

Postby Novagator » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:18 pm

CHINA: Japan's War Plans and Chinese Submarines

November 10, 2004: The Japanese navy says a Chinese submerged nuclear submarine was detected 300 kilometers southwest of Okinawa, near the Sakishima islands (which are occupied by Japan, but claimed by China and Taiwan.) The navy is tracking the sub, and has not tried to force it to surface.

November 9, 2004: China is officially angry at recently publicized Japanese military plans on ho to deal with potential Chinese military threats to Japan. The Japanese plans were the usual stuff any military staff does, but someone in the Japanese military leaking the latest version of these contingency plans is sending a message, and the Chinese responded with howls of outrage.

November 8, 2004: China has sentenced two British spies to fifteen years in prison. One of them, a Hong Kong official, did it for money (about $600,000) in 2001. The other one was a member of British intelligence.

November 5, 2004: Japan reported that a Chinese submarine rescue ship and an ocean going tug were spotted south of Japan and are being tracked by Japanese naval forces. China has not said what the two ships are doing there or where they are going.

November 4, 2004: For the first time, China is openly offering for sale surface-to-surface missiles. That occurred this week at the fifth annual China International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition (at Zhuhai, in southern China. The missile on display was the B611, a compact, solid fuel missile with a range of 150 kilometers. China has made quiet deals to sell missiles in the past (to customers like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.) Doing so openly, at a trade show, is another matter however. Most other nations are trying to restrict the spread of ballistic missiles and ballistic missile technology.
More...
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby FX Models » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:47 pm

The Chinese initiatives hint at their intentions. Lest anyone think otherwise, the Chinese intend to be THE world power within 50 years and one look at our outsourced production and manufacturing should give you pause to reflect. They are cleverly investing in our technologies, buying out OUR companies, and slowly but surely will push their way further into American politics.

The Submarine incident is only the beginning. You should see how they are planning to use Mother Nature against us and their active research programs to do so... and that is another story for another forum I am sure...

Did I just say all that? Hmm... I deny I said any of it.. Nope not me...

Marc
FX Models

Postby sam reichart » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:50 pm

FX Models wrote:The Chinese initiatives hint at their intentions. Lest anyone think otherwise, the Chinese intend to be THE world power within 50 years and one look at our outsourced production and manufacturing should give you pause to reflect. They are cleverly investing in our technologies, buying out OUR companies, and slowly but surely will push their way further into American politics.

The Submarine incident is only the beginning. You should see how they are planning to use Mother Nature against us and their active research programs to do so... and that is another story for another forum I am sure...

Did I just say all that? Hmm... I deny I said any of it.. Nope not me...

Marc

C'mon Marc- don't leave us hanging...what's going on with China and their programs?
what were once vices are now habits
sam reichart
SubCommittee Member

Postby expfcwintergreen » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:22 pm

Off topic yes, but I think Marc is right, even though he didn't say anything... ;)

FYI, from china.org..
"To ensure sustainable development of the economy in the years ahead, China must gird against the impact of climate and climate changes and work to control disasters while at the same time developing a long-term climate monitoring and control program."

Study hard folks...
zai jian!

Chris
expfcwintergreen

Return to Subs in the News